Customer Service 866.965.0400

Meguires mirror glaze #7 vs Adams Brilliant Glaze

Jmorlan

Question

Alright guys, I still have about a half bottle of the meguires glaze that I purchased before I knew of Adams, question is, should I lay it down in conjunction with some Revive Polish and Buttery wax, or will I be disappointed and should just cough up for the brilliant glaze?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

20 answers to this question

Alright guys, I still have about a half bottle of the meguires glaze that I purchased before I knew of Adams, question is, should I lay it down in conjunction with some Revive Polish and Buttery wax, or will I be disappointed and should just cough up for the brilliant glaze?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

IT's really hard to say -- obviously Adam's products are designed to work great together; using a 3rd party product in the mix will be hit-or-miss. It never hurts to give it a try and use up the old stuff; worst case you're not happy with it and you pony up for the Brillant Glaze (which you WILL love, guaranteed). :2thumbs:

I, as many here, had been using the "M" brand for years (professional series) and I absolutely loved their Mirror Glaze #7. I'd applied it after polish and before wax. This spring I gave to to some guy from my gym after I realized I'd not touched it since BG was released.

The ease of application and removal of BG made the use of Mirror Glaze #7 too time consuming to bother with.

BG over top Americana makes my show car really pop applied just prior to a show. Mirror Glaze #7 applied over top wax has too much cut and removes the wax.

I could go on...

The ease of application and removal of BG made the use of Mirror Glaze #7 too time consuming to bother with.

I love the way #7 looks under a good carnuba, but I haven't touched my bottle in a few years for this reason. It is rather difficult to work with. At some point I need to try some BG.

Never tried #7, but I can assure you, you will fall in love with BG. Such an awesome product and i've never applied/wiped off something so easy in my life. Also remember, a LITTLE goes a long way with this stuff. I barely have to use any product to get it to haze perfectly and evenly.

I, as many here, had been using the "M" brand for years (professional series) and I absolutely loved their Mirror Glaze #7. I'd applied it after polish and before wax. This spring I gave to to some guy from my gym after I realized I'd not touched it since BG was released.

BG over top Americana makes my show car really pop applied just prior to a show. Mirror Glaze #7 applied over top wax has too much cut and removes the wax.

I could go on...

I could be wrong here but I believe you should only apply bg under Americana and not over. I think applying it over will begin to degrade the Americana. If that's the case maybe try buttery wax instead of bg on top.

I could be wrong here but I believe you should only apply bg under Americana and not over. I think applying it over will begin to degrade the Americana. If that's the case maybe try buttery wax instead of bg on top.

You're right Tony, you're wrong. Yes, the solvent in the BG will degrade the wax, and over extended uses remove it. However, for my show car, an application of BG over a coat or two of Americana can really only be best described by seeing it in person or trying it yourself. :glasses:

Dave I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have gotten many compliments on my 32 at a show about how shiny it is and it got a coat of Brilliant Glaze the night before the show. Love the stuff for EXTRA shine.

Dave I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have gotten many compliments on my 32 at a show about how shiny it is and it got a coat of Brilliant Glaze the night before the show. Love the stuff for EXTRA shine.

Thats what I like to do. Brilliant Glaze right before car show. Americana over glaze did not look as good as Glaze last. I can glaze my car in 20 min. and I am ready to go.

You're right Tony, you're wrong. Yes, the solvent in the BG will degrade the wax, and over extended uses remove it. However, for my show car, an application of BG over a coat or two of Americana can really only be best described by seeing it in person or trying it yourself. :glasses:

Dave, while I do believe you that BG makes the finish look amazing, I have always found the same thing when using it before the wax. And I do know that Brilliant does contain cleaning materials so it will remove the wax. I am sure it doesn't remove all the wax with a quick show coat, but when I use BG before wax and then cover it with either Americana or Buttery....I always get a large wow factor from admirers.

Then I guess I'm not wrong if you're talking a daily driver. I was saying that the bg degrades the wax, which you agreed with. Not like you CAN'T apply it over, but rather that you shouldn't if a long lasting wax finish is what you want. Being that you are applying it to a show car the wax finish doesn't seem as viral as a daily driver exposed to the elements. Shine on man!

i cant wait to try the brilliant glaze. orders came in on different days, so at the moment the truck got the SHR and then a wash and some buttery, i couldnt wait any longer to get my hands on the PC and slap it on the truck, about 2 days later the MSS, FMP, and BG showed up. yuno

Dave, while I do believe you that BG makes the finish look amazing, I have always found the same thing when using it before the wax. And I do know that Brilliant does contain cleaning materials so it will remove the wax. I am sure it doesn't remove all the wax with a quick show coat, but when I use BG before wax and then cover it with either Americana or Buttery....I always get a large wow factor from admirers.

After washing and correcting, or simply prior to a fresh coat of wax my steps are:

BG

then

Americana or Buttery

With the GTO I'll top the American with another coat of BG prior to a show.

I was never really impressed with Meguiar's Glaze...I didn't just purchase the Brilliant, you won't be disappointed. My suggestion is Clay Bar, then Revive, follow it with Brilliant, and finally the Buttery Wax. The result will "Wow" you and also if you use the Revive after clay bar, you can use it to remove the clay bar residue plus the Brilliant will do the final cleaning and finish prep for the wax.