Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chopper Live Results

JBlack151

Not sure who else watched this 2012 Chopper Live show, but after the results tonight I'm extremely disappointed.

I wished they would of showed all the results instead of just announcing the top 2.

I feel I just wasted precious hours of my life now. That bike was horrible to me :(

IDK, I laugh when people call out other shops for not building everything and buying everything. Sr's frame, wasnt a 10 minute cnc type it in and go cut. Jr's panels were not a simple bolt and go. Jesse used an old frame he made before. GMG restored a bike.

First and foremost, Jesse missed the deadline that he signed up for. Everyone else was slated to be done within the 6 week build time. He was not. He said he didnt care what happened or anything. To me that means he doesnt even want to be there blah blah blah.

No I didn't watch Amish Mafia.. I'm hoping that it will be canceled after 2 shows..

IMO ..Probably one of the most pathetic reality shows that came out.

As for Jesse James ..the guy is a tool plain and simple. I used to like him years ago but he turned into a complete DB IMO. I was very happy Jr won it again.

With everything Jesse did for this build off I understand why some people may have wanted him disqualified. And I always hear about how people hate him. To me I still have tons of respect for him as a true fabricator. He's the bad guy and that's the way he has always been regardless. Throw the media on there for everyone to judge and it never looks good. I've been fortunate enough to meet and hang out with him on a couple occasions. Once was way back before he even appeared on TV. He is a cool stand up dude and maybe I got that feeling since some of my friends were already close with him and I wasn't just some guy meeting him by myself. In the end he is still my favorite bike builder and the Sturgis bike he built a long time ago was by far the best bike I have ever seen in my life.

Sturgis_Special1.jpg

PJD makes some stuff that I just can't understand. Jr is a good designer and has good people working for him to complete the package. But I never see "great" out of him in my eyes.

OCC is simply a shop using state of the art technology now. To me it just doesn't fit into the "chopper" scene anymore. I think that's because I am old school

I like Gas Monkey Garage. Those guys are hilarious and they are in it to make a profit while still having some style. And although I didn't like the color choice of their bike I still like the fact the used a real bike and followed the chopper theme, but not so much the "build" theme.

In the end I'll miss all off the American Chopper shows since it was truly a soap opera for men. It brought me to watch it every week even though I didn't care for the bikes.

Thankfully we still have Sons of Anarchy though! :rockon:

Edited by JBlack151

voting was a popularity contest!

they should have revealed the bikes anonymously to see who would win! my favorite shop out of the bunch has to be Fast N' Loud because they're funny and i enjoy watching there show, but in no way did i think they had the best bike. Senior and Junior are my least favorite... probably because i can't stand their accent :D but i thought Senior had the coolest bike! Jesse's concept was cool, but the bike was fugly

The show was terrible. I have no idea who the host was. He was clueless he was calling them by the wrong name. Hyping up the fact they had extra security. Bringing up whatever BS happened the night before in the bar. Even the guy from Fast and Loud said it was $%$@% TV drama. Not even sure the host has ever seen a motorcycle. As far as the voting I agreed with it. I did like JRs the best with Gas Monkey 2nd. I couldn't believe Sr. built a sport bike same thing with Jesse. I used to be a fan of Jesse James but I just can't stand to watch him anymore. 6 weeks past the deadline is ridiculous. I hoped to see the contestants checkout each others bikes and make comments good and bad. They barely showed any of that. The part I hated the most is the end. They annouce the winner and show close. No reactions from the winners or losers. I can't get myself to even try and watch Amish Mafia. Seemed like complete nonsense to me.

Junior didn't build his bike, senior didn't build his bike the only ones building their bikes were Aaron and Jesse so props to them. The Teutels are more likable than Jesse and less than the Fast and Loud guys so in the end I agree it is a popularity contest. Fabrication wise Jesse wins but personally I like the Fast and Load bike the best because it is more my style and I appreciated that they kept some of the heritage!

All the "drama" is a bit too staged for me with all these shows... but I'm also a little jaded after having seen behind the curtain in regards to how discovery produces 'reality' (and I use the term lightly) TV in some of my previous adventures.

I have met and hung out with Jesse, and it seems he has changed a great deal from then. When we crossed paths it was just as Monster Garage and his fame was just starting to peak. I saw him do some things, heard him say some things, etc that were pretty low character moves. Seems the spotlight, his messy public divorce, and losing that fame has softened him some... or at least I hope. Hes a talented guy for sure.

Oh the stories I could tell.

Junior didn't build his bike, senior didn't build his bike the only ones building their bikes were Aaron and Jesse so props to them.

Jesse had help, a team, just like everyone else. Not to mention he used a frame he previously built years ago. Senior's was machined out of billet... thats building/machining. Gas Monkey restored an old bike. As far as fabricating goes, i think gas monkey did the least fabricating.

In the end, its not called the fabrication build off. Its the biker build off. Build a bike. doesnt matter if its restored, hand forged, assembling a kit. Build the best bike you can and show it.

Jr had an overall flowing bike. everything from the aluminum round cut like a bumper to the wheels painted to look like whitewalls.

Sr, not sure what to say... an ugly triple front spring tree, weird LED headlight strips. Exhaust tips sticking way out... it was awkward.

Jesse, small compact, "prototype" motor on an old frame he started a while ago. Not to mention 6 weeks behind. Everyone else was done in time.

GMG, they did a nice restoration. Thats it. Ill give them props on riding it all the way there, they did a clean restoration, seemed like all around good guys. apologized for the personal attack they made. But I have not doubt that any of them could. Except for having to fill up constantly.

I liked watching the shows to see what different styles and bikes they could make. didnt care about the drama. just liked watching them build bikes. I will be sad to see it go.

I know they all had teams! Jesse did a lot of the work or what appears to be. Aaron did his thing but it didn't appear that Jr even touched the bike let alone fabricate a thing. Did Sr. Set up the parameters to cnc the aluminum??? No he has people to do that so to my point! Restoration or not bike looked good. And if you watched occ with junior he might have came up with the ideas but didn't fabricate much as with most of the PJD bikes! And if Jesse had a so called team don't you think he would have gotten the bike done on time? It's all staged and the host was the worst stick to action sports Sal!!!!

Fox News reported the following based on the voting:

1. Jr.

2. Gas Monkey

3. Jesse James

4. Sr.

I have mixed feelings about the results, but definitely wasn't happy about the results. I'm actually glad the show is ending because there is just way too much scripted 'reality' TV programming on these days.

I like Jr and his designs yeah its not a old school bike but I like the talent to build the imagination and the ability. yes they all have talent I can't go out and build that stuff so to each his own honestly. I think JJ just is living up to a reputation I think he has a softer side then that screw it attitude but people expect him to act a certain way so he does and who is going to tell him not too? I didnt watch it yet I did dvr it but i saw the end because I didnt know it was 90 minutes lol. I think OCC has become to comercialized but I enjoy what they build too and they use the technology. the other guys did a great restoration it seems everyone did what they do and you just had to choose what you did or didnt like. I have enjoyed the show for all ten years it went about 6 yrs longer then maybe they thought it would so you know it made them money and thats what being in business is about to earn a living and they did I cant fault them for it.

Personally, I'm glad that show is on it's last run. I've been over American Chopper for a couple of years now. Too much crybaby crap on there, and that Justin, Jason, whatever his name is that designs for Sr., ........ that guy would irritate God.

Gas monkey went back to basics. I thought that it was good. The Jr bike was cool but I would only want it for an art piece. If I were to ride up on it in the biker crowd I feel that they would just laugh. Kinda like when someone puts flowmaster a on a v6 car with dual exhaust.

Jesse and SR must have thought together screw this lets build a sport bike.

Everyone wanted to see a chopper. This is the reason why Jr won.

Sent using Tapatalk