Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax and polish in black plastics, how to remove?

Cknox121

Question

I have wax and polish in the black plastics and rhino/linex lining on my truck. Any ideas how to get it to come out? I scrubbed with wash mitt and even a little brush. No luck. Tryed back to black and its still there.

Next time I'm buying better tape for polishing.

1E3D4997-6694-4BD7-93D3-2839C7FD0EB1-7363-00000586E8061A4D.jpg23C7D91B-BFEF-40F3-AC21-E6596E927C0E-7363-00000586D6775E26.jpg

And this is with back to black. Can still see on lower part of plastic 1C795FD7-7D4E-417F-B7E6-3EE101A9F01F-7363-00000586D1CB75BB.jpg

19 answers to this question

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was using Adams everything lol. Still stained the plastics. My fault for not preventing it in the first place, live and learn.

I will try the APC and maybe peanut butter lol, even though I just washed the truck :rage:

It just makes the plastics look trashy when they are covered in wax.

I use IPA and follow it up with I&O or SVRT

+1

My feeling is APC won't work, but I could be wrong. I tape off way more than your average person, but if I get any on plastic or seals a tooth brush and IPA or the boars hair and IPA seem to do the trick. On the rhino liner, you can use a more aggressive brush.

It is recommended for use to clean out your pads after polishing.

True that brother. Dried polishes on plastic/rubber can be almost impossible to remove sometimes, there's a difference from getting all the polish out and removing the staining. Pad and towel staining is normal, but could be totally polish free.

Or India Pale Ale if your drinking it

I always thought it was weird people wiping their car down with beer. I just thought it was a good time to grab a beer for the "IPA Wipe Down":cheers:

APC does work at getting wax residue off plastic. mask off any paint that is waxed so you don't strip it, foam spray some APC on the residue, let it work, then wipe away. may take a couple passes to completely get rid of it.

follow that with some SVRT or In and Out Spray.

in the future, if you don't like taping the trim off before polishing/waxing. be sure to dress the plastic with SVRT or In and Out Spray beforehand! :2thumbs: