Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish Door Jambs

Captain Awesome

Question

So I used my waterless wash this weekend to clean all the crap out of my door jambs, but now that they are "clean" there are water spots everywhere. So I would like to clay, polish, and seal them. I was thinking Revive, quick sealant, and then Americana. Am I on the right track, or should I use swirl and haze remover first?

11 answers to this question

I would hit them with Revive first

+1

I faced a similar situation with my door jambs on a new Yukon that I bought. I used Fine Machine Polish by hand. It took the water spots right off. I then went directly to Americana for protection.

or this, but FMP is designed for the machine, while Revive was designed for hand use. Will both work, sure. I would just seal them with the Quick Sealant and be done with it. Not sure I would use any wax on the jambs. You will get a negligable difference in shine, and really not much more durability.

agreed, revive and quick sealant is a good route and has taken care of the SRT jambs for a while. Started using a more permanent LSP for them over the last 6 months or so as they don't see as much action as outside surface paints, so still just maintained with waterless wash though, spot on with WW.

Door jambs are one of the most overlook part of the car to clean (hood especially). What I do is once a year, I clay it and put a coat of paint sealant, After each wash, I use spray wax to maintain the shine and protection.