Customer Service 866.965.0400

TONS of life changes lately....something BIG in the works.....

Chase@InsanePaint

Oon top of everything Chase (camaro2ssblack) said, I would change a few things:

- Make your pricing and your overall services page be a little more formatted. The prices need to stand out separate from everything else. Check out the shop I go to during the winter - Chicago Top Hand Car Wash | Simon's Shine Shop - I've always loved their site and their services page is very nicely formatted and very quick and easy to read and understand.

- Put tabs before each paragraph begins on your home page...or center it all.

- I would change anything that says "my" such as "Overview of the engine bay on my '06 SRT." to just say "a." I say to do this because you want to make it look like you haven't just done cars you've owned and nothing else. Keep away from saying pronouns on a business site.

- You have "Creating flawless paint finishes for the serious enthusiast" on one page and then ""Where passion and perfection come together" on another. Which one is your motto? You should put your motto on the main page and not make it look like you have more than one motto.

- On your main page "All plastic & rubber exterior surfaces treated & protected with Adam's SVRT" - you should put that that is a 50/50 shot. I centered my eye on the part that was not covered and the part around the clip that is not covered and was like "wtf there isn't any SVRT on there."

Everything else is really good, your site looks ****ing awesome. I like how you showcase some cars and agree on showcasing each different package you offer as Chase said.

Edited by Laguna

First off, congratulations are in order for your coming baby :D Also congrats on making a huge decision to move into detail with full steam. Your website looks great man, tweaking of work and showing your skills will change as you go and learn what people want. One think I would recommend and what is common in most successful detailers websites is less paragraphs and bulleted points as people tend to want information fast and efficiently. That along with increasing your font size and even though I LOVE the font you have you might want to change it to something easier to read. I know it seems like it will make it look boring but I showed it to another "older person" and one thing was a hard and not easy to read font. Along with complaining of alot of reading to find out what kind of service that will fit their needs. I know mine is very simple and not nearly finished as it started out for only family, but it has gotten me many customers.

Wylie Auto Detail Spa - Home

Im pumped to see how this goes for you as I have have known you since cherokeesrt8 website so its been a while haha. The only think I believe that you should add into your arsenal is a "permanent" protective coating, none of which I can mention of here as they are non-Adams products and I will respect their rules here in this great community :D. So far so good Chase, btw charger looks sick as always!

Wow! that is news! Chase I tell my boys everyday how money and material things are way overated but happiness is the key. They are getting to the college years and are choosing careers. They often ask my opinion and I simply state do what will make you happy! We all have to work. Why not do what we enjoy. As long as we can support our families, all is well. I am an Operations Manager for a company and the job simply consumes me and my time. I would love to be able to step back and gear down a bit but as stated above I am into the college years and have to hang in there for my boys. Once they are on thier way I can see me making the same decision. Best of luck my friend. Congratulations on making a tough but correct decision.

On your website:

- I would incorporate your best examples of previous detailing jobs into the pricing sheet. For example, after each package description, insert a link to pictures and a write up of a previous customer who received that very package.

I have testimonies placed before the owner's cars on the page of their particular detail. I feel like this would make my pricing page too wordy.

- I would also be careful or more carefully define what you mean by promising a 110% guarantee. Someone could really abuse that if you arent careful. Are you literally going to refund their money and pay them 10% extra if they say they arent happy about every aspect of the detail?

I've thought about this. But with what I've done for the past 15 years, and my STRONG communication skills, and my up-front honesty with people, I'm not worried about that. I know where you're coming from, and I respect that, but it's not a concern of mine.

- I would be leary about promising a better finish than a new car. This would go hand in hand with the guarantee part. Customer may be expecting that you are removing every rock chip, blemish, etc.

I have the same answer to this, as I do the previous recommendation.

- I actually think your prices are too low for the high end corrections. Most detailers I know wont touch an abused car for a multi-step correction for less than $500. You must keep in mind that most of the people who buy this package are bringing in something that has been seriously neglected.

It states in my pricing, a couple times, that any "heavily neglected finishes" will need a specific estimate or could require more steps, more time, and more product, which reflects in also costing more money. So I feel like I have that covered.

- I didnt see anything mentioning headlight restoration. You cant fully restore a car and then leave the headlights dull and hazy.

Didn't feel like I needed to mention that, as it would be obviously included within any of the polishing packages. But I may figure out how to include that in the wording. Thank you!

Just my suggestions and please forgive me if I overlooked anything.

My replies are above in red. Thanks for the advice!!

Oon top of everything Chase (camaro2ssblack) said, I would change a few things:

- Make your pricing and your overall services page be a little more formatted. The prices need to stand out separate from everything else. Check out the shop I go to during the winter - Chicago Top Hand Car Wash | Simon's Shine Shop - I've always loved their site and their services page is very nicely formatted and very quick and easy to read and understand.

Probably won't "format" them any different, however I DO AGREE they could stand out some more, I will change that right now, actually, lol.

- Put tabs before each paragraph begins on your home page...or center it all.

Noted. Good call.

- I would change anything that says "my" such as "Overview of the engine bay on my '06 SRT." to just say "a." I say to do this because you want to make it look like you haven't just done cars you've owned and nothing else. Keep away from saying pronouns on a business site.

Never thought of that. Good call.

- You have "Creating flawless paint finishes for the serious enthusiast" on one page and then ""Where passion and perfection come together" on another. Which one is your motto? You should put your motto on the main page and not make it look like you have more than one motto.

Neither one is my "motto" but rather they both describe ME. I know where you're coming from bro. A business has to have a mission, and I ACTUALLY HAVE a Mission Statement & Creed that I give to potential clients. So I feel where you're coming from, but I don't think that in this particular case, that one takes away from the other......

- On your main page "All plastic & rubber exterior surfaces treated & protected with Adam's SVRT" - you should put that that is a 50/50 shot. I centered my eye on the part that was not covered and the part around the clip that is not covered and was like "wtf there isn't any SVRT on there."

Gotcha. Gonna change that now also.

Everything else is really good, your site looks ****ing awesome. I like how you showcase some cars and agree on showcasing each different package you offer as Chase said.

Replies above in red. :)

First off, congratulations are in order for your coming baby :D Also congrats on making a huge decision to move into detail with full steam. Your website looks great man, tweaking of work and showing your skills will change as you go and learn what people want. One think I would recommend and what is common in most successful detailers websites is less paragraphs and bulleted points as people tend to want information fast and efficiently. That along with increasing your font size and even though I LOVE the font you have you might want to change it to something easier to read. I know it seems like it will make it look boring but I showed it to another "older person" and one thing was a hard and not easy to read font. Along with complaining of alot of reading to find out what kind of service that will fit their needs. I know mine is very simple and not nearly finished as it started out for only family, but it has gotten me many customers.

Wylie Auto Detail Spa - Home

Im pumped to see how this goes for you as I have have known you since cherokeesrt8 website so its been a while haha. The only think I believe that you should add into your arsenal is a "permanent" protective coating, none of which I can mention of here as they are non-Adams products and I will respect their rules here in this great community :D. So far so good Chase, btw charger looks sick as always!

Man I feel ya buddy!! I really do. But here's the deal.....I have WAAAY TO MUCH personality and passion and outright CONVICTION to have some simple website. I like the fonts on the words, I like the words that I use, I like the "personality of ME" injected into the site. And I can't change that. I truly feel like a REAL car guy, will read my homepage, and will fall in love with my biz, before he even sees the photos of my work. I studied others' websites as I was leading up to this point in my life, and they were ALL just too damn generic or plain or boring. I can't do that......

Wow! that is news! Chase I tell my boys everyday how money and material things are way overated but happiness is the key. They are getting to the college years and are choosing careers. They often ask my opinion and I simply state do what will make you happy! We all have to work. Why not do what we enjoy. As long as we can support our families, all is well. I am an Operations Manager for a company and the job simply consumes me and my time. I would love to be able to step back and gear down a bit but as stated above I am into the college years and have to hang in there for my boys. Once they are on thier way I can see me making the same decision. Best of luck my friend. Congratulations on making a tough but correct decision.

Thanks a TON man!!! Means a lot. And it seems we share a VERY similar view on life!!! :D

All of the recommended changes, that I feel represent who I am, have been made!! Thanks for the feedback guys, IT'S WHAT I NEED!!! Keep any other ideas or feedback coming!!

I've also got my Facebook going live now as well. Please search me out and "Like" my stuff! (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) I need to get a fan base going! Thanks guys!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Chase@Adams

Man I feel ya buddy!! I really do. But here's the deal.....I have WAAAY TO MUCH personality and passion and outright CONVICTION to have some simple website. I like the fonts on the words, I like the words that I use, I like the "personality of ME" injected into the site. And I can't change that. I truly feel like a REAL car guy, will read my homepage, and will fall in love with my biz, before he even sees the photos of my work. I studied others' websites as I was leading up to this point in my life, and they were ALL just too damn generic or plain or boring. I can't do that......

No no no Im not saying simple, not trying to make you simple haha. my bad if it came across like that, I love that it is you too and that alone is going to get you people. Congrats again, I cant wait to see this take off for you and see each step!

Since I'm always late to the party my timing on this thread is fitting :lol:

I haven't known Chase for very long, little over 2 years, I'd never talked to him before he interviewed me (which I gave very poor interview haha). Chase took the chance on me and from where I was THEN to where I am NOW is literally Night and Day and that's largely because of his Passion, Excitement, Influence, and Teaching ability! He's helped get me to where I am and helped get me to where I'm going. Not to mention he introduced me to Adams Polishes :2thumbs:

In those 2 short years I can honestly call him one of my CLOSEST friends, if not THE closest friend I have....

Friendship aside, if ANYONE EEEEEVVER was to build a business from scratch and build it to the level of the one he built and left..its Chase!

Wishing ALL the best for ya buddy! Love ya man!

Oh...and when you're ready, I'm ready ;) ....we need to have a small talk about that btw :)

Congrats on becoming a family! Best thing that ever happened to me.

I thought your web site, layout, pricing and photography was top notch! Best of luck in the new venture, you'll do fine.

Bruce

Very inspirational-stories like yours keep me hopefull in possibly doing something "fun" after I hope to retire from the service in 6yrs. And congrats! Tonight I was out w/ my boy of 3.75yrs eating out and we were making silly faces at a boy about a yr old, driving home I thought O my, you were that small now today we just tried ice skating! The time will fly, enjoy every moment POSSIBLE, and your child will change how you see life once again after this career change starting a new life chapter you're sharing with us.

Edited by DruzTdiCUP

Since I'm always late to the party my timing on this thread is fitting :lol:

I haven't known Chase for very long, little over 2 years, I'd never talked to him before he interviewed me (which I gave very poor interview haha). Chase took the chance on me and from where I was THEN to where I am NOW is literally Night and Day and that's largely because of his Passion, Excitement, Influence, and Teaching ability! He's helped get me to where I am and helped get me to where I'm going. Not to mention he introduced me to Adams Polishes :2thumbs:

In those 2 short years I can honestly call him one of my CLOSEST friends, if not THE closest friend I have....

Friendship aside, if ANYONE EEEEEVVER was to build a business from scratch and build it to the level of the one he built and left..its Chase!

Wishing ALL the best for ya buddy! Love ya man!

Oh...and when you're ready, I'm ready ;) ....we need to have a small talk about that btw :)

Uuuuuummmmmm.......I'm speechless........WOW!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very inspirational-stories like yours keep me hopefull in possibly doing something "fun" after I hope to retire from the service in 6yrs. And congrats! Tonight I was out w/ my boy of 3.75yrs eating out and we were making silly faces at a boy about a yr old, driving home I thought O my, you were that small now today we just tried ice skating! The time will fly, enjoy every moment POSSIBLE, and your child will change how you see life once again after this career change starting a new life chapter you're sharing with us.

Great advice!! Thank you!!

Congrats on your endeavor! Your Facebook link on your website is not working. I found your page though. Just need to change your link. Website looks great. Of course your sweet charger helps the attractiveness!:2thumbs:

Side note .... I detailed a charger today and that is a whole lotta car!

I sub'd to this thread, as I may need to refer back to it rom time to time. You see, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do when I retire from the military. Starting my own business is high on the short lists of things I want to do and your story has struck me as a bit of inspiration! Best of luck to you man!