Customer Service 866.965.0400

In the middle of wash and ice forming on truck. What to do? Lol

Kenneth

Question

As the title states I was in the middle of a two bucket wash when I was done before rinse the roof had frozen over. So what to do now? The entire truck is covered in soap but its all frozen now. Sounds ridiculous I know. I couldn't stand looking at a dirty truck no more. By the way it's only 34 degrees outside. I think the soap is causing the water to freeze a lot faster than normal.

21 answers to this question

Well I just waited for it to thaw out haha. Then detail sprayed and dried. Now I'm in the process of BG an Americana.

While the truck was froze I took the time to clean interior and used the leather conditioner for the first time. That stuff smells good.

Well I just waited for it to thaw out haha. Then detail sprayed and dried. Now I'm in the process of BG an Americana.

While the truck was froze I took the time to clean interior and used the leather conditioner for the first time. That stuff smells good.

Smells good? i think it smells like silicone.

When you wash in really cold weather keep the vehicle wet all the time...wash 1 panel at a time, not the whole side. Wash the first panel, then rinse it off. Wash the next panel then when you rinse also rinse the first panel off again. Do each panel but keep going back and re-rinsing the previous panels. Keep the whole car wet with fresh water the whole time and it won't freeze. It takes a little longer to wash but the car shouldn't freeze up. If you find any freezing starting just put water to it as soon as you notice. Before I had hot water outside that's how I would wash in the driveway in really cold weather.

try that on tuesday.

ahhaha.

Well, today is the day. It was 8 degrees when I got to work this morning, but a heat wave hit and it is up to 9.

We'll see about washing tonight! (kind of needs it with the snow and all)

All finished finally. Am I just slow or does it take everyone al day? I feel like I am so slow at it that it takes me like 8 hours. That's not even a correction!

It takes time, everyone is different and works at different speeds. Practice makes perfect you'll eventually get it down. I can knock out a wash, DS, dry, and a interior cleaning in about an hour on my Cobalt (granted much smaller than a truck)

i have to drive 271 every morning. my cars covered in salt but its supposed to snow friday saturday and monday. no point.

EDIT: forgot to quote what i was replying to. sorry.

No point? Careful there Brett, you are on the verge of getting :banned::lol: