Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you guys deal with pollen?

carlrx7

Question

It's February and the pollen is starting to fall here in Charleston, SC. Any products repel pollen more than others? Aka quick sealant vs MSS vs American vs Buttery?

I'm not a believer in any kind of waterless wash and just stick to the two bucket method then blow dry followed up by a DS wiped down.

Current protection is MSS, Glaze, Americana.

Thanks!!

-Carl

I usually just curse it. I washed my car the other day, and literally in the time it took me to walk from my driveway to my laundry room where I keep my detailing products, and back, my car was covered in pollen again. I have tried several things, and nothing I have tried seems to work. I don't know how abrasive the stuff is, so I'm really hesitant to do a wipe down, even with detail spray or waterless wash. If anybody else knows a safe way to prevent or get rid of it, I'd be really interested to know as well.

I currently have the exact same protection on my car that you have on yours. I use detail spray when I dry it off, and then I typically do another round with a McGuires Ultimate Quik Wax to keep another layer of protection...Sorry Adam's...if you had a quick spray wax, I'd use it. Can't figure out why you haven't added one to your line up yet.

Edited by Secret_Squirrell

It is a curse and a little abrasive!

phototake_SEM_pollen_on_sunflower_pistil.jpg

Sorry Adam's...if you had a quick spray wax, I'd use it. Can't figure out why you haven't added one to your line up yet.

Probably not going to add one soon since the new DS has that covered-

This latest version is easier to use, offers incredible shine, and thanks to a our NEW Wax Boosting Technology it extends your protection as well. Each wipe down helps extend the lift of your wax or sealant coating meaning your painted finishes stay protected for longer, up to an additional 2 months of longevity!

"]http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-870-adams-detail-spray-new-formula.aspx[/url]

It is a curse and a little abrasive!

phototake_SEM_pollen_on_sunflower_pistil.jpg

Probably not going to add one soon since the new DS has that covered-

"]http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-870-adams-detail-spray-new-formula.aspx[/url]

A detail spray even with a booster will not perform like a spray wax. They are two different products used for different purposes.

ChargerMatt says Loratadine 10mg tablets PRN.:jester:

It is good advice and what I do as well.

As for the car I'm an Adam's Waterless Wash evangelist. :thumbsup:

Loratadine 10mg tablets, PRN

This with Singulair. I have a lifetime supply of them, allergic to everything.

Hopefully one of the Adams Reps will mention something. My search didn't come up with any replys from them.

-Carl

I usually just curse it. I washed my car the other day, and literally in the time it took me to walk from my driveway to my laundry room where I keep my detailing products, and back, my car was covered in pollen again. I have tried several things, and nothing I have tried seems to work. I don't know how abrasive the stuff is, so I'm really hesitant to do a wipe down, even with detail spray or waterless wash. If anybody else knows a safe way to prevent or get rid of it, I'd be really interested to know as well.

I currently have the exact same protection on my car that you have on yours. I use detail spray when I dry it off, and then I typically do another round with a McGuires Ultimate Quik Wax to keep another layer of protection...Sorry Adam's...if you had a quick spray wax, I'd use it. Can't figure out why you haven't added one to your line up yet.

I work in the Blackwater Forest in Munson, FL so I get a lot of yellow pine pollen while parked in the parking lot. I have just learned to embrace the pollen. Sometimes it gets so heavy on the paint that it blows off when I start driving home on the highway. It started early last month in the forest where hundreds of thousands of pine trees dwell.

Being stationed in Georgia I feel your pain. What I did was just wait until I could do a proper two bucket wash. Once in a while I would use WW with a purple waffle weave, but usually on "lighter" pollen days. I will say that I believe a well polished, sealed and waxed car makes it difficult to stick to the finish...but my evidence is anecdotal. :D

I read this post and started sneezing......... Pollen season is miserable for my car and my allergies (Alegra D, Nasonex and prednisone for me)

During the season in NJ (happens in May) I just wait and wash it off during a weekly wash. However....... This year I will try some of the WCW.

Today I washed off road salt from this weeks storms so I would gladly trade places with you southern boys and your pollen problem.

Pollen Sucks!! ........ And the older I get it seems to be getting worse every year.

I work in the Blackwater Forest in Munson, FL so I get a lot of yellow pine pollen while parked in the parking lot. I have just learned to embrace the pollen. Sometimes it gets so heavy on the paint that it blows off when I start driving home on the highway. It started early last month in the forest where hundreds of thousands of pine trees dwell.

I feel your pain brother. Actually just did a Camaro cruise through Blackwater Forest last weekend. Machine polished the car on Friday late into the night, went to the cruise, covered in pollen by the end of the day. I'm moving back to San Diego this summer, and it can't come fast enough. Goodbye pollen (and bugs) forever.

I feel your pain brother. Actually just did a Camaro cruise through Blackwater Forest last weekend. Machine polished the car on Friday late into the night, went to the cruise, covered in pollen by the end of the day. I'm moving back to San Diego this summer, and it can't come fast enough. Goodbye pollen (and bugs) forever.

You'll get a taste of the love bugs before you go. :(

Man I hope not. I'm anticipating stopping the first night of my drive in Texas for a full bug removal and detail before I hit the dry states. I'm from California, and I'm not feeling this southern thing when it comes to trying to keep my car clean. Last summer we had that wonderful period of thunderstorms every afternoon for like 47 days or something. Not the best thing for a guy with detailer's OCD.

Man I hope not. I'm anticipating stopping the first night of my drive in Texas for a full bug removal and detail before I hit the dry states. I'm from California, and I'm not feeling this southern thing when it comes to trying to keep my car clean. Last summer, we had that wonderful period of thunderstorms every afternoon for like 47 days or something. Not the best thing for a guy with detailer's OCD.

Love bugs usually come in May and September. Sometimes they come earlier than that. Usually one of those times they will be heavier that the other. I have clear film protection on my hood, fenders, A pillars and leading edge of the roof to protect my paint from those suckers. I use Quick Sealant a lot during those times. I will take the pollen over love bugs any day. I don't mind rainstorms as long as there is no hail with them.

i can't wait to see how the quick sealant goes up against love bugs and 70mph through GA on my way to my parents in FL.

-Carl

It makes them so much easier to clean off when you get to the washing part. I drove from FL to UT last May and had bug juice all over the front of my car when I got there. 99% of it came off at the car wash with the pressure nozzle. It also makes pollen easier to clean off because it helps keep it from bonding to your paint.

I've never tried the quick sealant. Only the Machine Super Sealant and Americana. I may have to put a few good coats on right before I start my trip. I heard spraying a little WD-40 on the bumper is pretty good for getting bugs to slide right off, so I may have to test that theory on this trip. I don't like the idea of putting it on my paint, but I'd rather that than bug guts embedded in the paint.

I've never tried the quick sealant. Only the Machine Super Sealant and Americana. I may have to put a few good coats on right before I start my trip. I heard spraying a little WD-40 on the bumper is pretty good for getting bugs to slide right off, so I may have to test that theory on this trip. I don't like the idea of putting it on my paint, but I'd rather that than bug guts embedded in the paint.

Four words.

Get some Quick Sealant. :D