Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tips for waterless wash newbie?

pdisme

Question

I'm going to try waterless wash for the first time in the morning. I haven't washed my Nissan for about nine months so it of course got filthy as it's an outside car. I started working on it Saturday, got the wheels, bottom bits and finally a wash in. Took the entire day Sunday claying it because of how bad it was. Today I got polishing done but ran out of light so I couldn't get sealant on. Of course it's going to get wet tonight and collect dust and other crap and I really don't feel like going through the whole wash and dry again in the morning to waste even more time, so figured waterless sounded like a good idea to hopefully get this baby wrapped up tomorrow.

Any tips on how best to use it, or things to watch out for?

I agree with the others, use an clean section of the towel often! This is my downfall with the Waterless Wash, so I usually only do this for cleaning bugs on road trips.

And don't be such a stranger! :D

Exactly like the handsome bearded fellow in this video demonstrates :D

• Spray area to be cleaned.
  • Wipe with clean section of towel in a straight line from one end of the panel to the other.
  • Fold/Flip the towel to a fresh area.
  • Repeat.
  • Always work top to bottom, do lower rockers and wheels last.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwS1PF-6Zbw]Adam's Polishes Vol. 8 - Chapter 11 - Waterless Washing - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Turns out I have a ton of the waterless wash towels; I bought them just as high quality microfiber towels for use with the detail spray and forgot those are actually the wash towels lol. About to head outside and get started.

I agree with what's been said so far, so I have to ask: Is your Nissan that sits outside all the time and hasn't been washed in nine months the GTR listed in your signature?:willy:

Yup lol, its my Chevy's girlfriend, they keep each other warm at night.

Would there be any value added in going over everything with detail spray afterwards?

Or is the WW sufficient for just a weekend cleanup?

WW is primarily a cleaner, so yes you would get more shine by following it with DS.

OP, cool to see you're from Tampa! I'm originally from there and go back every other weekend to see my parents :)

WW is primarily a cleaner, so yes you would get more shine by following it with DS.

While that is technically true, if I showed you two halves of a hood, one with only waterless wash, and one with waterless wash and quick detailer, you would be extremely hard pressed to tell a difference between the two, if any.

IMO, if you use detail spray after a waterless wash, you are just wasting detail spray.

While that is technically true, if I showed you two halves of a hood, one with only waterless wash, and one with waterless wash and quick detailer, you would be extremely hard pressed to tell a difference between the two, if any.

IMO, if you use detail spray after a waterless wash, you are just wasting detail spray.

Impossible! Have you smelled this stuff?!:cheers:

OP, cool to see you're from Tampa! I'm originally from there and go back every other weekend to see my parents :)

:iagree::iagree:

Impossible! Have you smelled this stuff?!:cheers:

You get the same effect from spraying down your entire hood with waterless wash and then taking a spray of detail spray to the face. :glasses:

On a totally unrelated note, I am not liable for any bodily harm that results from following my directions :lol:

LOL,, i have a midsized sedan, VW Passat. I wiped it down yesterday using the new detail spray and i had to use 5 microfiber towels and almost a half a bottle of detail spray (16oz).

is this the normal amount of towels required and used. i still felt paranoid wiping dirt across paint. :willy:

-Carl

LOL,, i have a midsized sedan, VW Passat. I wiped it down yesterday using the new detail spray and i had to use 5 microfiber towels and almost a half a bottle of detail spray (16oz).

is this the normal amount of towels required and used. i still felt paranoid wiping dirt across paint. :willy:

-Carl

The detail spray is meant to take off dust, not dirt, I believe.

Waterless wash is normally meant to take off light dirt :)

IMO, you can never use too many MF towels when you are trying to be safe :thumbsup:

-Carl

5 towels the size of single softs? definitely not an excess amount, I use that many on a smaller car...like Roshan said, better to use more towels than damage the paint!

I personally have close to a dozen I wash after every caf just to be on the safe side.....most times its customer cars I use ww on I wait till I have a major break to do the whole deal on mine...lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

:)Just remember how the Junkman does it. When your car gets dusty always try to eliminate as much dust as possible before you touch the car. You know what that means. Crack out thee old california duster[FIRST] and barly touch the surface with the edges of the fabric in straight lines in one direction.Don't smash the duster down hard on the car. Your dusters fabric should hang straight down never bunched up, then hit it with your detail spray. I saw a video and that's the Junkmans way. Makes sense to me.:2thumbs:This is for when the car is dusty though,when you would use detail spray not the waterless wash. The waterless wash is more for a light dirt. Spray on heavy, then wipe with blue waffle weave in straight lines one direction changing the side of the towel every wipe.:D

Ww towels are great, but can you use a single soft for this

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

The weave in the Waterless Wash towel and the GWDT make them easier to use to remove liquids than the plush Single and Double Soft towels.

The weave in the Waterless Wash towel and the GWDT make them easier to use to remove liquids than the plush Single and Double Soft towels.

Yes, but on the same note, the flat weave on the ww towel and the gwdt will make it so that any dirt that is captured in the towel is rubbing very close to the surface of the paint. I suppose if you use enough ww towels, you will still be safe though.

I always prefer using a plush towel (like the single soft) with waterless. I've never had issues with the liquids not being removed from the surface of the car. I think that if you use a quality plush towel, you won't have any absorbency issues :)

Edited by ihaveacamaro