Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW Detail Spray Feedback.

Obviously different, but yeah, I thought it smelled bad. I'll go wash my wife's car again now, give it a second chance.

Not necessarily. My dog is on antibiotics for kennel cough... His farts stuck in my nose for about 36 hours. I burned up 3 rolls of mints before everything I smelled and ate didn't have a hint of his stank in it.

Maybe trying whiffing some fresh coffee before to clear the sniffer. :lol: Kinda like they do at those department stores where they have a slew of fragrances and they all start smelling the same after a bit.

OK,so I just got done. A quick two-bucket, master blaster dry and DS wipe-down.

As I'm about to spray the car down with DS, I'm standing there shaking the bottle and I realize, I may not have shaken the bottle the other day. I hit the car with the new ds, and while it wasn't as incredibly offensive as it was the other day, it still just isn't pleasant.

I then did the door jambs, etc with some ww. This helps mask the smell. I go inside to throw a load of newly dirtied utility towels in the washing machine. Go back to the garage and BAM - there is that smell.

Now, this new ds does seem to streak less (kind of like me now that I'm older :eek::lol:) and leave a very nice gloss. I just don't like the smell.

I have gallons of the old ds left, more than enough to get me into nicer weather when I can wash with the garage open (only 25 right now) and maybe it won't be as bad in an open area.

hmmm, this got me thinking, maybe I need to get me some kimchi tomorrow.

OK,so I just got done. A quick two-bucket, master blaster dry and DS wipe-down.

As I'm about to spray the car down with DS, I'm standing there shaking the bottle and I realize, I may not have shaken the bottle the other day. I hit the car with the new ds, and while it wasn't as incredibly offensive as it was the other day, it still just isn't pleasant.

I then did the door jambs, etc with some ww. This helps mask the smell. I go inside to throw a load of newly dirtied utility towels in the washing machine. Go back to the garage and BAM - there is that smell.

Now, this new ds does seem to streak less (kind of like me now that I'm older :eek::lol:) and leave a very nice gloss. I just don't like the smell.

I have gallons of the old ds left, more than enough to get me into nicer weather when I can wash with the garage open (only 25 right now) and maybe it won't be as bad in an open area.

hmmm, this got me thinking, maybe I need to get me some kimchi tomorrow.

I noticed the same thing when I tried my new formula. The stronger smell lingered in my garage for a while. The old formula smelled like bubble gum and I liked how it hung around after I sprayed my fiberglass shower with it. It made my whole bedroom smell like bubble gum. I will not be using the new stuff inside my house.

Thought it worked great. Used new formula for the first time at an Event this weekend and pulled a 1st in Class. :) Can't complain.:thumbsup:

Congrats!

I agree that it works well, I just think it smells bad. If smell was everything, I'd warm up some cinnamon and rub it on my car, it would smell great, but wouldn't look so good.

Thanks Yeah I really don't have a great sense of smell here guess thats lucky sometimes lol.

Like to add. Is there a big difference between new and old when misting it on after rinse? I used the old formula last wash for misting. Thanks.:)

Edited by ssbusdrvr

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my NEW Detail Spray a couple of days ago, and have tried it out. Here is my first impression:

PROS:

+Less effort; Easier to use than the Original Formula

+Streaks less

CONS:

-Though the scent is good, the Original Formula is still more to my liking

-Have not noticed any difference between the two in terms of shine and slickness (maybe it is just really hard to discern the two)

Overall, I do think it is a better than the Original Detail Spray. Keep it up Adams, I think you guys made the right moves with this reformulation!:patriot:

I just received my NEW Detail Spray a couple of days ago, and have tried it out. Here is my first impression:

PROS:

+Less effort; Easier to use than the Original Formula

+Streaks less

CONS:

-Though the scent is good, the Original Formula is still more to my liking

-Have not noticed any difference between the two in terms of shine and slickness (maybe it is just really hard to discern the two)

Overall, I do think it is a better than the Original Detail Spray. Keep it up Adams, I think you guys made the right moves with this reformulation!:patriot:

Just a little update. The more I use this NEW Detail Spray, the more I am liking the scent as well. :bow:

Just a little update. The more I use this NEW Detail Spray, the more I am liking the scent as well. :bow:

It does grow on you, I can attest! The wax preservative in this plus when using it as a Drying Agent really make for one Happy Mook when I am done with the wash!

:D

Just got my first order of the new detail spray.36 oz. The bottle does not have new formula sticker on it . Should i worry or have they stopped putting the sticker on since its all the new formula?

Just got my first order of the new detail spray.36 oz. The bottle does not have new formula sticker on it . Should i worry or have they stopped putting the sticker on since its all the new formula?

What does it smell like? If bubble gum, it is the old stuff.

What does it smell like? If bubble gum, it is the old stuff.

I was told that they stop putting the "NEW FORMULA" stickers after a month. I hardly believe that they still have any OLD formula available to buy. You should not worry about.

It was raining yesterday, and decided to wipe my windows in my car with the NEW Detail Spray. The water just beads and rolls-off the windshield, and windows. It was great to see, I did not even have to use my wipers.

Has anyone noticed the white stuff at the bottom of the bottle with the new detail spray? Its no big deal just a quick shake and its mixed up. Just wondering what it might be?

I saw this too. I think it's the wax preservative called Wax Boosting Technology.

Has anyone noticed the white stuff at the bottom of the bottle with the new detail spray? Its no big deal just a quick shake and its mixed up. Just wondering what it might be?

Probably just some white stuff at the bottom of the bottle. I never paid any attention to that. :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

So far I like it. A lot better to do windows with than the old formula. I like the scent at times its seems a little over whelming. If I forget to put gloves on when I clay a car my hamds will smell like the DS even after washing them lol.

Joe

So far I like it. A lot better to do windows with than the old formula. I like the scent at times its seems a little over whelming. If I forget to put gloves on when I clay a car my hamds will smell like the DS even after washing them lol.

Joe

That's the reason I would clay with detail spray! Gloves!!?!? The pleasing odor is half the point. :jester:

I've never had an issue with the new smell, but sporadically we are getting feedback that people think the smell is too strong... just as a seat of the pants poll - would you guys prefer if we backed the scent off a little?

I personally don't care what any of the products smell like; just that they work as intended. I don't wear the stuff and don't spend my detail time whiffing the product as I apply it. I guess if I had the choice over a chemical scent as opposed to a refreshing scent (Adams). I would pick the refreshing every time. But I don't think it is over whelming by no means.

Silly question but what does the new formula DS smell like? Just curious :D

It is different than the old detail spray, this one has a fruit with lemon scent. The old one was just some kind of fruit, like strawberry.