Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW Detail Spray Feedback.

We are bottling slightly differently now. 

Before we would mix the batch using a bubbler then move to bottling. 

The product is now bubbled continuously thru the entire bottling process. This introduces more turbulence into the mix while we're bottling. So far we've found it does make the products appear more milky... haven't noticed any reduction in settling though.

Thanks for the clarification. I still do shake the bottle everytime I use it.

Sorry guys, but I guess I'm that one guy who likes the old formula better. I'm still a huge Adams fan, and just received my latest $150 order of old and new products to give a try. Results of the new formula are still fantastic, it just seems to take considerable more effort to get. My .02 worth.

Edited by ss2haul

I don't know why Adam's doesn't just offer two products: The original detail spray and the new one as a spray wax.

I've got to say, that is a good way to describe my experience with the two products. The new formula just "feels" a little more like a spray wax to me.

We let other companies play the "10 products for the same use" game. Not our deal. 

Well if the original is a detail spray and the new one can compete with most spray waxes per your words, I don't see how that is the same product?

Edited by ihaveacamaro

He didn't say same product, he said same use. Slight but important difference.

Curious though, if they did offer both a detail spray and a spray wax how would you use each product differently and would it be enough of a difference to justify buying both for each use?

Our DS straddles the line, because unlike a lot of Quick Detailers and Detail Sprays ours actually does lay down a little protection, so its like a spray wax in that respect, but you can use it like a Detail Spray due to its light cleaning properties. 

Its the best of both worlds. No need for 2 products when one will do. Our line, as always, is about the process being less complicated whenever it can be. Too many other companies want to sell you 5 soaps, 3 detail sprays, 15 waxes, etc. We don't play that game. 

If we ever start work on a 'spray wax' that adds s substantial amount of protection as opposed to how most spray waxes behave its justification for a whole new product, but if its just about the same as our DS, why bother? Its senseless to add a product for the sake of adding a 'name' to the line IMO.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

He didn't say same product, he said same use. Slight but important difference.

Curious though, if they did offer both a detail spray and a spray wax how would you use each product differently and would it be enough of a difference to justify buying both for each use?

Detail spray to clean light dust and for claying. Spray wax to protect, but not clean. Detail spray generally adds enough protection for a day or two, whereas a spray wax generally lasts two weeks to a month. I know of one spray wax that I tested that lasted two and a half months, but then again it's claimed durability was up to 5 months.

Me personally, I don't like the idea of having to clay with something with wax in it like the new detail spray. I doubt it affects the claying process but it just doesn't seem right.

Our DS straddles the line, because unlike a lot of Quick Detailers and Detail Sprays ours actually does lay down a little protection, so its like a spray wax in that respect, but you can use it like a Detail Spray due to its light cleaning properties. 

Its the best of both worlds. No need for 2 products when one will do. Our line, as always, is about the process being less complicated whenever it can be. Too many other companies want to sell you 5 soaps, 3 detail sprays, 15 waxes, etc. We don't play that game. 

If we ever start work on a 'spray wax' that adds s substantial amount of protection as opposed to how most spray waxes behave its justification for a whole new product, but if its just about the same as our DS, why bother? Its senseless to add a product for the sake of adding a 'name' to the line IMO.

Very true and I like that you guys keep it clean and simple. One of the best things about Adam's. 

It just seems that you guys are really pushing that this new detail spray has protection in it whereas I didn't really see that marketed or pushed in the old detail spray. That's really where my entire two product point stems from.

For example, in the new detail spray here's a line in the description:

• Extends Protection with NEW Wax Boosting Technology

The old one said this:

• Enhance Gloss and Depth in Shine
  • Keep Your Car Looking Just Detailed
  • Great For Interior Detailing

but nothing about protection.

Judging from the descriptions placed on the new detail spray, I see it more as a spray wax than a detail spray. I have another manufacturer's spray wax that can be used for light cleanings, claying, drying aid, and adds a little protection as well. I see their product and yours as true competitors, even though yours is labeled detail spray.

Either way, as more and more products have come out, the line between QDs and Spray Waxes has blurred and the two products do seem to be merging into one category.
Edited by ihaveacamaro

Roshan, 

It just seems like you're arguing semantics... If I called it "Purple Monkey Sherbert Spray" would it matter what it did? Does it matter what others call similar products? 

The new detail spray maintains the cleaning and dusting ability of its predecessor, but thanks to a new additive we were able to incorporate into the formula the new version actually adds an amount of meaningful protection. 

Still doesn't trump a traditional wax job, and we wouldn't even really recommend the DS as your only source of protection, but thanks to its ability to add a small amount of protection it extends your wax/sealant coats. 

Our product cleans better than a spray wax, but it protects better than a detail spray... maybe we just need to invent a whole new term for this product so you won't be so bothered by the name. LOL

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Roshan, 

It just seems like you're arguing semantics... If I called it "Purple Monkey Sherbert Spray" would it matter what it did? Does it matter what others call similar products? 

The new detail spray maintains the cleaning and dusting ability of its predecessor, but thanks to a new additive we were able to incorporate into the formula the new version actually adds an amount of meaningful protection. 

Still doesn't trump a traditional wax job, and we wouldn't even really recommend the DS as your only source of protection, but thanks to its ability to add a small amount of protection it extends your wax/sealant coats. 

Our product cleans better than a spray wax, but it protects better than a detail spray... maybe we just need to invent a whole new term for this product so you won't be so bothered by the name. LOL

Haha sorry my brain doesn't like it when things don't go into categories. What you say makes sense and maybe I am just arguing semantics lol. 

What's it that the guy in south park says:

http://www.hark.com/clips/wszpqzwsys-nothing-to-see

Roshan... don't ever get too into craft beer or wine... there are blends that you can't categorize and your head might explode from the lack of cut/dry, black/white, defined categories. 

What if one category is uncategorizable? Categoryception :D

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like the old scent better. I don't know if it's just the batch I have, but I'm not smelling pink lemonade, candy, etc. Mine smells more chemically than anything else. I ordered a few bottles of the new, so it will be a few more weeks before I'll re-order. I hope it doesn't all smell like this. The slickness of it is nice. Seems to do what it's suppose to. I'd rather it be scentless than smell like what I have now.

Roshan... don't ever get too into craft beer or wine... there are blends that you can't categorize and your head might explode from the lack of cut/dry, black/white, defined categories. 

Or Scotch :D

Something I'm confused about, and I apologize for the nieve question.  Would the new detail spray be a problem if you are following it up with polishing and MSS?  For example, wouldn't the protective agent in the detail spray be a problem for MSS that would need to bond to bare (i.e., unprotected) paint?  I assume not, but it seems strange to want a clay lube that has a protective additive prior to polishing/sealant application. 

I don't see why why you would DS after polishing.  Use an IPA solution to remove residue from the paintwork, which will ensure the MSS bonds as well as possible.  You don't want to add any chems to the paint before MSS is applied.  Not a bad question at all... One I haven't thought about before and I'm sure others here haven't either.  Best bet is to wash vehicle after polishing to remove residues, or IPA wipedown, which is my preferred method.

I don't see why why you would DS after polishing.  Use an IPA solution to remove residue from the paintwork, which will ensure the MSS bonds as well as possible.  You don't want to add any chems to the paint before MSS is applied.  Not a bad question at all... One I haven't thought about before and I'm sure others here haven't either.  Best bet is to wash vehicle after polishing to remove residues, or IPA wipedown, which is my preferred method.

I'm not suggesting to use DS after polishing.  What I'm saying is that if DS is used as a clay lube (which many here do), it doesn't seem smart to use a spray that has a protective additive BEFORE polishing/waxing.  Certainly, what you are saying about the IPA wipedown/washing vehicle makes sense to ensure the best MSS application.  However, this was an unnecessary step with the original DS, as Junkman and Adam would demonstrate how they would go from one polishing (and pad) step to the next without washing the car or getting rid of residue.  This would make total sense with the original DS because it didn't have added chemical properties, so that I knew I was dealing with bare paint after claying.   

I may be completely wrong on this one, but I think it might be a mistake to have this added property to the new DS for those using it as a clay lube.  (As a drying agent, etc. I think the addition is a fantastic idea.)  Why add additional, time-consuming, unnecessary steps (i.e., IPA wipedown, washing the car yet again) when it wasn't required by the original (and better smelling) formula?

I'm not suggesting to use DS after polishing.  What I'm saying is that if DS is used as a clay lube (which many here do), it doesn't seem smart to use a spray that has a protective additive BEFORE polishing/waxing.  Certainly, what you are saying about the IPA wipedown/washing vehicle makes sense to ensure the best MSS application.  However, this was an unnecessary step with the original DS, as Junkman and Adam would demonstrate how they would go from one polishing (and pad) step to the next without washing the car or getting rid of residue.  This would make total sense with the original DS because it didn't have added chemical properties, so that I knew I was dealing with bare paint after claying.   

I may be completely wrong on this one, but I think it might be a mistake to have this added property to the new DS for those using it as a clay lube.  (As a drying agent, etc. I think the addition is a fantastic idea.)  Why add additional, time-consuming, unnecessary steps (i.e., IPA wipedown, washing the car yet again) when it wasn't required by the original (and better smelling) formula?

I believe polishing will remove any of the protection left behind by the detail spray.

I would love to see the original detail spray come back, and them incorporate the new wax additive in an all-new spray detail wax. Hopefully this could be a future possibility.