Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW Detail Spray Feedback.

but what if you aren't polishing and go from clay straight to sealant...i think this is the question.  Does the newer detail spray put some protectant down that doesn't allow the super sealant to bond directly to the paint?

You would at the minimum have to get all of the residue off from claying the vehicle by either doing some sort of wash, or doing an IPA wipedown. Personally, i would do a quick wash of some sort and a IPA wipedown before doing sealant.

but what if you aren't polishing and go from clay straight to sealant...i think this is the question.  Does the newer detail spray put some protectant down that doesn't allow the super sealant to bond directly to the paint?

This would suggest you have absolutely no protection on the car.  I guess after a strip wash you could do this if you believe the strip wash removed protection 100%, which is an assumption I'm not willing to make, hence the need for IPA, Revive, or whatever your method for protection removal may be.

The only method that i trust 100% of removing old LSP's is using a paint cleanser (revive)... or of course using an abrasive polish.

There have been many tests out there that people should look into that shows other cleansing methods like IPA wipedowns, clay, strip wash may not remove all of the remaining LSP.  Especially sealants.  

• 4 months later...

Man you guys really debate on here lol.

If you're claying and going straight to sealant (say in the case of a winter prep where you're not looking to polish until spring) why not just use Waterless Wash as a claying lubricant instead of V2 Detail spray?  Waterless wash has the cleaners that you want to keep the surface fresh but not the protection adding ability of V2 Detail Spray that "might" make your sealant not bond as well since its a wax enhancer as well now (something I have absolutely no problem with BTW, original Detail spray in itself just used as a drying agent extended the life of my coat of sealant significantly last year, can't wait to get a new gallon refill when i'm done with my V1)

And for those of you saying WW is being phased out, you can make a new gallon of WW with 8 oz of Rinseless and a gallon of distilled water.  If I were claying and laying a coat of wax/sealant on for winter and doing nothing else, I'd clay with Waterless, make sure surface is clean and ready to roll, and lay down my sealant.  Done.

• 2 months later...

Man you guys really debate on here lol.

If you're claying and going straight to sealant (say in the case of a winter prep where you're not looking to polish until spring) why not just use Waterless Wash as a claying lubricant instead of V2 Detail spray?  Waterless wash has the cleaners that you want to keep the surface fresh but not the protection adding ability of V2 Detail Spray that "might" make your sealant not bond as well since its a wax enhancer as well now (something I have absolutely no problem with BTW, original Detail spray in itself just used as a drying agent extended the life of my coat of sealant significantly last year, can't wait to get a new gallon refill when i'm done with my V1)

And for those of you saying WW is being phased out, you can make a new gallon of WW with 8 oz of Rinseless and a gallon of distilled water.  If I were claying and laying a coat of wax/sealant on for winter and doing nothing else, I'd clay with Waterless, make sure surface is clean and ready to roll, and lay down my sealant.  Done.

Waterless Wash is slicker than Detail Spray.  While you want lubrication, you also want to avoid it being too slick and passing right over the contaminants.

If it's slicker then you would be using less product compared to Detail Spray.

Rinseless diluted 1:16 with distilled water (waterless dilution) is the best clay lube I've used yet and leaves a clean fresh surface. You gotta try it I'm telling you. Save the Detail Spray for touch ups after a short drive or as a drying agent, trust me it's awesome to clay with!

Well Nick, I put an order in with Phil @ Detailers Domain and picked up a 16 oz bottle of the V2 Detail Spray?  Why, instead of re-stocking my gallon do you ask?  I find myself using the Rinseless 1:16 (waterless/quick detailer) dilution in place of Detail Spray more and more lately, but I still have a heart for the Detail Spray, especially on wiping down my Triumph after a daily ride instead of getting the hose out.

I'm sure I will end up getting a gallon again, but while I still have about 2-3 oz. left of my V1 in the bottle, I'd like to be able to "mist and wipe" side by side to see if I spot any differences, or note the improvements of the V2 first hand.  I'll post my impressions up in the coming weeks.

Sounds good Jason, looking forward to your comparison! 

I think you'll enjoy the new formula quite a bit better than the old.  As noted in this thread, it's slicker, flashes faster (which equates to less wiping,) contains the wax enhancers, and works better as a drying agent due to all the reasons previously listed.   :)

As long as its not thick like a spray wax I'm sure I'll be very happy.  The V1 Detail Spray was the sole product that got me to start on my Adam's kick, now I use about 2/3 of your catalog, lol.

I have a bottle of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer I got in a sample bundle from one of your distributors and I hate it.  It's like a sticky wax spray, and for lack of a better word, it sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so Nick here is my update.

V2 is worlds better than V1 in every way. I'll be restocking my gallon shortly, just the cleaner wiping alone is worth the improvement.

Although I loved V1 in every way it always took a bit more effort to wipe clean, as some noted it did streak somewhat unless you gave a final clean buff.

Wonderful job on V2 to the Adam's crew, I will continue using this product for years to come

I have to admit I was super skeptical about using the detail spray, the two bucket system and the whole process. But with the 110% guarantee I figured what do I have lose. So I bought the complete Cyclo Polisher kit. My wife made fun of me and thought I was crazy to even try it and spend the money on the products and I had to tell her I was buying it as a birthday present to myself. Well let me tell you, this morning I tried the two bucket system and tried the Detail spray and I have to tell you I am hooked. The finish looks great on the two cars I tried it on. I haven't even tried the polishes and the Cyclo Pro 5 yet but if the Detail spray is any indication of your products performance I'm sure to be pleased. Thank you for you product and you made a believer out of a skeptic. Nice job Adam and company keep up the good work.

• 4 months later...

Hey Nick here is a random question, what do you guys categorize the scent of the Detail Spray nowadays?  My wife loves it and asked me yesterday, as we now keep a travel size in her glovebox for interior wipedowns "on the run" and a wipe if needed of a bird bomb.  I thought it was like berry punch?  Would like to know definitively lol