Customer Service 866.965.0400

Demolished Denali

MichiganSRT8

After finishing up my friends 1000hp jeep he asked me to do work on his wives newer huge Yukon Denali. It has been taken through automated washes and is definitely a beaten mom beast of a car, soon as I saw it I knew it needed a good amount of loving. Just finished a full day today without a lunch cause I needed to work haha. For the most part I am very happy with the way it has turned out, gunna have alot of finishing work tomorrow as I got a brunt of the corrective work done. Here we go:

Upon inspection

IMG_8641_zps23ae65d8.jpg

IMG_8642_zps7bbf5f6c.jpg

Scuffs from whoever installed clear bra

IMG_8643_zps25a33018.jpg

IMG_8644_zpsd892cd80.jpg

IMG_8646_zps3c6b933b.jpg

IMG_8649_zps34f2c7f6.jpg

IMG_8651_zpsd3973c4a.jpg

Tail Scuffs

IMG_8652_zpsaeb651a3.jpg

Pillar Scratches

IMG_8653_zpsdc9258d4.jpg

Deep Tailgate scratches

IMG_8656_zps69e2ae1a.jpg

Rear absolutely destroyed

IMG_8657_zps7b2fa937.jpg

IMG_8658_zpsdccb096c.jpg

Mirror looking bad

IMG_8659_zps4cfe7bb6.jpg

Waterspots

IMG_8660_zpsa6f87fbc.jpg

Passenger Door/Rear Pillar

IMG_8661_zpsaa0a096a.jpg

Rear Handle

IMG_8662_zps9c1847ac.jpg

Left Tail

IMG_8665_zps61f5d20e.jpg

50/50's Front Fender

IMG_8667_zpsa6a5da7f.jpg

IMG_8668_zps5c3b408d.jpg

IMG_8670_zps2c90c847.jpg

IMG_8671_zps1c36473e.jpg

Actually cleaned up nicely in the end

IMG_8673_zps9c082172.jpg

Whoever installed clear bra didnt polish before installing...

IMG_8674_zps201fcf62.jpg

Tailgate Cleaned Up

IMG_8682_zps8c14239f.jpg

IMG_8683_zps58c7bf8f.jpg

IMG_8684_zpscd1af2d8.jpg

More to come tomorrow when I put in more work!

Edited by MichiganSRT8

i about threw up in my mouth on the first few!

i don't understand why people who don't care for their cars buy black!

yeah the wife drives it hard and is definitely a momma mobile so its only one of its army :D haha. sad though, but not anymore since I got my hands on it.

Clean that gmc and yukon emblem!! that denali was nasty

Haha glad someone noticed that. I mentioned it to the owner they were starting to look bad and also asked him if he wanted me to debadge it and make it sleek. Still waiting for the ok on that so thats why they are so nasty, which is another reason why I hate emblems and is why my SRT8 candybar is the only one on my rig.

Wow that thing was neglected!

I assume you're leaving it, but how hard would it be to remove the clear bra?

Very neglected, like I said mommy-mobile that sees alotta work. And I am going to leave the clear bra as of now as he isnt sure what he wants to do but I may be putting a new one on for him come summer. Taking it off is usually pretty easy with a heat gun as long as the clear bra was put on correctly in the first place, which I do not think is the case for his. Edges are open, clear bad cut marks and symmetry, needs to be redone but for now and the rest of the Michigan winter it will stay on. Some clear bras can be polished out but this one I dont think can, didnt really even try as I took forever to compound and get the rest of the car to where I wanted it.

Great recovery Bro. Cat I work with his wife a a black Expedition that would resemble them photos. He could not believe how much of a difference you made. I might get some work thanks to your post. Not sure I will match those results, but will try.

Great Job man, amazing how much deeper and reflective the paint looks after some TLC. Heck the truck might move in with you for showing it that love. :lol::bow:

Would look really sweet with all the badges off the left gate. :pc:

Good god that was hard to look at!! Like a crime scene!!!!

Murder victim for sure! pronounced dead but somehow I brought her back to life :D

Great recovery Bro. Cat I work with his wife a a black Expedition that would resemble them photos. He could not believe how much of a difference you made. I might get some work thanks to your post. Not sure I will match those results, but will try.

Great Job man, amazing how much deeper and reflective the paint looks after some TLC. Heck the truck might move in with you for showing it that love. :lol::bow:

Would look really sweet with all the badges off the left gate. :pc:

You can do it man, youll get close with adams stuff, had to use more aggressive x-brand stuff for the initial cut but in conjunction fine machine was used to finish down, stuff is money. Glad to be able to help ya out, let me know if you get that work, time and patience are my virtues in detailing, everything can go wrong fast but patience rules all. Im with you on that removing the badges, love the sleep look, see if I can talk him into it. She is surely a dusky jewel now as jim morrison would say :D haha

That was horrible!

Rough business for sure mook, brought it back though, love the ones that are destroyed!

Some might say it was "rougher than a night in jail!":jester:

This car seems to have spent a few nights in the dunk tank ;) haha

Nice turn around

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks alot!

And this is why I left the lower door/rocker and bumper for today, the pictures will speak for themselves.

Rear bumper

IMG_8690_zps5c6663cb.jpg

IMG_8691_zpse808feb5.jpg

IMG_8692_zps3b18b9be.jpg

Lower door

IMG_8693_zps468a0061.jpg

Before

IMG_8695_zpsfcec5cab.jpg

After

IMG_8696_zpsf278290a.jpg

IMG_8697_zpsb892932b.jpg

Not completely finished out but with how much compounding that took place this will look much better and much more would be unwise, and is actually curved back from you as you view it so it will look just great in the end.

This greeted me on the hood in the morning today, sawdust :D haha, I was doing the work in a carpentry warehouse. had lots of room so that was nice.

IMG_8698_zpsd7b56b32.jpg

Finished up

IMG_8701_zpsfdec3a01.jpg

IMG_8702_zpsd15b95ad.jpg

IMG_8703_zps0c878792.jpg

IMG_8705_zpsb57a09df.jpg

IMG_8707_zpsc78280c2.jpg

IMG_8708_zpsacf2c0bf.jpg

Finally as mafioso as it should look :D. Car battled me but with time I was able to win I believe. Thanks for all the kind words and for looking everyone!

Edited by MichiganSRT8

nice job!

Thank sir :bow:

Nice turnaround. I cringed when I seen the pics.

Looked like someone washed it with 1500 grit sandpaper.

No kidding right, thats what automated washes give you, those lower bristles just loaded with dirt. Didnt come out well in the pics but you can see the lines parallel to the ground where they hit the paint. 1500 grit sandpaper may have been better ;) haha

Agree with the rest. Great hailmary bomb to win the day!!! Keep up the great work.. :cheers::bow:

Thanks again man! I hate leaving stuff still with defects but I didnt feel comfortable going longer with it. Should be just fine for his wife :D

Very nice job... My dad has an '05 Denali in about the same condition. His 60th birthday is in April so you know what my present will be :cheers:

Best gift man, very good idea for your dad! Im 22 and my dad passed away when I was 17, wish I could do that for him but every time my grandparents come up I make sure that his vehicle looks absolutely perfect when he goes to leave. Nice SS too man!

Came out really nice. How many hours did it take you for the exterior detail?

Thanks a lot, well for this it took alot longer than I thought it would but its a lot of surface to cover, then compounded from how horrible the condition of the paint was. For this one I skipped lunch and started early cause I wanted to work straight through like a crazy person haha. I'd say around 16 or so hours, my process was tweaked a bit for this one but I didn't wanna miss anything.

• 5 months later...

...wow.

I thought my 2011 Silverado was in bad shape. That thing was HORRID! Amazing what you see when you put a light up to it. To this day I try and tell people to stop going through automatic car washes, and they never listen.

Amazing, spend $60,000 on a fully loaded SUV that not a lot of people can afford, and you beat the crap out of it!

...wow.

I thought my 2011 Silverado was in bad shape. That thing was HORRID! Amazing what you see when you put a light up to it. To this day I try and tell people to stop going through automatic car washes, and they never listen.

Amazing, spend $60,000 on a fully loaded SUV that not a lot of people can afford, and you beat the crap out of it!

For most people, it's a tool and nothing more.  It's that way for the majority of people.  We're in the minority.