Customer Service 866.965.0400

craftsman pressure washer?

twb4525

Question

what are your guys/gals thoughts on craftsman pressure washers. i am looking at a 2700psi, 2.3gpm unit with a briggs and stratton engine.

i want to use it with the mtm foam cannon like most of you are.

Edited by twb4525

15 answers to this question

I got sick of buying cheap pressure washers,So i just picked this up this week. also got the knarcher foamer as well. Will have to wait for a bit to try it out as i want to run a water line to the shop plus i need more Adams soap.Just trying to say to buy quality products with a good warranty,I got 5yrs with this unit.It always pays to buy quality.I got the 9hp unit 3100psi.

my opinion, i would stay away from craftsman. Their tool quality has gone to crap and i would never buy craftsman lawn equipment (mower, pressure washer, trimmer, etc). Recently picked up this washer, mine is the 3100 psi model though Homelite Honda 2700 psi 2.4 GPM Gas Pressure Washer-UT80993A at The Home Depot

and i have only used it a handful of times but it runs great and is very powerful. Same honda engine that is on my push mower which is only about 2 years old, but has started on the first pull every time. Not much for honda vehicles, had a few years back (accord,civic) and think they're junk, but for small engines i love honda. My generator, lawn mower, and pressure washer-all honda engines, and have ran perfectly after sitting for extended periods of time

I don't know about their pressure washers...but I used to love Craftsman products until they started outsourcing to China. Now everything I get from them is as poor quality as expected. I would bet that for light use, it might hold up, but it won't last a lifetime.

I purchased a nice Troy Built with a Honda motor from Lowe's .. Its 2700 psi & runs great.

As for Craftsman ..My old Craftsman still runs like a champ. ..as of recently I had a lot of issues with their products ..stopped purchasing from them now.

If its a good deal and you don't see that Made in China crap label ..go for it. They still offer a decent warranty.

thanks for the responses.

the one i am looking at is a pretty good deal, i think.

i am not looking for a heavy duty pressure washer, just a one that can hold up to foaming/washing a few cars a couple times a week, washing the house, and washing off the driveway especially.

plus, special financing on my sears card with a year to pay it off, no interest.

briggs and stratton make a solid engine, the weak link with a craftsman washer is the pump. anything made by Craftsman over 2-3 years ago is a solid piece of equipment, but like other companies they eventually sold out to cheaper suppliers for profit.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

well, i ended up getting a craftsman 2600psi, 2.3gpm Honda-powered unit. seems to be built pretty well built. it has a factory 2 year warranty, and special financing with 12 months to pay it off. not too bad.

i also ordered the MTM Hydro foam cannon online and it should be here next week. can't do much washing here for a while, its going to be cold for the next week.

i'll post results of both (mostly the pressure washer-theres a ton of info/reviews for the cannon) when the weather cooperates.

***UPDATE***

since the weather finally broke into the upper-30's today with sunshine, i tried out my new pressure washer and foam cannon.

one words pretty much sums them up....awesome!!

the pressure washer has more than enough power to do what i want with it. it assembled easy, i added the engine oil to it, and it started after 2 pulls.

i also splurged with quick-connects for the garden hose, PW pump to the PW hose, PW hose to the gun, and quick-connects for the lance/foam cannon (for ease of swapping them out while washing).

the foam cannon, well, i had a grin from ear to ear while using it!!:banana::rockon:

Edited by twb4525
UPDATED

Good to hear, and looks like you're having fun with the new toy lol. Amazing how powerful these things are, mine is 3100 psi and I couldn't believe how much pressure it had out of the wand once I first fired it up. Now I just need to find more uses for it so I can use it more often

On 3/17/2013 at 10:36 PM, LFairbanks said:

I have had a Craftsman power washer since about 2001 with zero issues. And a Craftsman lawnmower since 1997 that still runs well, with zero issues. And both start on the first pull.

On 3/17/2013 at 10:36 PM, LFairbanks said:

I have had a Craftsman power washer since about 2001 with zero issues. And a Craftsman lawnmower since 1997 that still runs well, with zero issues. And both start on the first pull.

I have compressor I have spark I have fuel to my carb but won’t start if I spray either in the engine it starts then dies out I pull my plug and it’s not even wet

what do I need to do I cleaned carb 5 different times and still same issue please help