Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brushed out my neglected Adam's wash pads

Bootstrap

Question

Well, after reading what Dylan had said about brushing out your wash pads to prevent matting, and the "dreadlock" looking pattern in the fibers that we see after multiple washes with the pads. I was really amazed had how well the fibers unwound when I began brushing them. I've been using these two pads for about a year now, will well over 30 washes in them without ever being brushed. So they're quite neglected, and because they've gone so long without maintenance that the fibers have developed a sort of "memory" and when i wet them now they try to bond back together in the dreadlock pattern, but it is still substantially better than before. Pics:

IMG_20130321_224719_714.jpg

IMG_20130321_224727_300.jpg

The GF said I couldn't use her brushes, so I went and bought an "all purpose" brush from Dollar General, similar to this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaBZe8e-HruQhT1k5VJDmFJoYcklp77D4pHBlrK8ijIrx-jxAf

Quit playing Reggae music when you are washing your car.  That should help the dreadlocks. 

Well, after reading what Dylan had said about brushing out your wash pads to prevent matting, and the "dreadlock" looking pattern in the fibers that we see after multiple washes with the pads. I was really amazed had how well the fibers unwound when I began brushing them. I've been using these two pads for about a year now, will well over 30 washes in them without ever being brushed. So they're quite neglected, and because they've gone so long without maintenance that the fibers have developed a sort of "memory" and when i wet them now they try to bond back together in the dreadlock pattern, but it is still substantially better than before. Pics:

IMG_20130321_224719_714.jpg
IMG_20130321_224727_300.jpg

The GF said I couldn't use her brushes, so I went and bought an "all purpose" brush from Dollar General, similar to this one:
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaBZe8e-HruQhT1k5VJDmFJoYcklp77D4pHBlrK8ijIrx-jxAf

Are you just leaving them to dry after wringing them out? Personally, after washing it off and wringing it out a little, i will shake it back and forth at different ends kinda like what you would do with a whip. This seems to keep mine always fluffed up. I do this with my single and double soft towels after pulling them out of the washing machine. They are always pretty fluffy.

I have 4 regular wash pads and 2 Large ones...

I'm still using the first one I opened. I clean it well after every use (Dylan's technique) and have brushed it twice in the 40+ times of use.

It still looks and works fine... I keep wanting to open the new ones but can't justify it.

Gotta Love Adams products!!!

Adams Wash Pad is very similar to SM Arnold's Gold Nugget Wash Pad. After using that wash pad for 3 1/2 years, I will finally retire it. It is getting to the point that I cannot remove some of the fibers being locked-up from each other.

Edited by EPHIOS