Customer Service 866.965.0400

Yellow Tint in tires

Mamba

Question

Today is the second time i tried cleaning my tires. Second time that a shade of yellow is left over...

56DA9910-7767-4949-8303-3464B7FE62A1-30694-0000035645FA550B_zps5fb949d9.jpg

scrubbed it with the tire brush, didn't let it dry, and washed it off. I used the APC with the foamer to clean them. I rubbed the part above the 45 in the picture with my finger and you can see it has a slightly darker color, as if i removed the tinting on it. The car has 500 miles on it, so it hasn't been driven too much and no tire dressing has been applied to it by me. You can almost see that the thread is darker in color... Is this to be expected after the use of APC on tires? I have Pirelli Pzero if it matters. Just want to know if this is normal before i apply SVRT or my tire needs more cleaning.

13 answers to this question

i sure did, seems like the tire bristles are too stiff, wiping seems to make it better.

If, as you mentioned earlier, the APC isn't turning brown when applied, the tires probably just need conditioned, which is where Chris suggested the SVRT. Apply that.

Also, if you want to, you can try spraying APC on a cheap towel and then scrubbing the tire before applying the SVRT.

I had the same issue when I first cleaned my tires. After I cleaned them with APC and then applied SVRT they were perfect. Now when I clean them try stay pretty much black. Throw some SVRT on there and admire your clean black tires.

Cool, thanks everyone! Did a final wipe with a towel and dressed them with the SVRT and tire applicator. It got dark here, so the picture isn't that great, but it definitely looks darker and almost a matte finish. Definitely better than a super shiny cheap looking finish IMO. :rockon:

D4CC70F7-B61E-42EE-8E85-CC7E702E5607-30694-0000035AAB19A1CD_zps1f8068c7.jpg

They look dry.

The fact that the areas you are touching look darker is b/c the oils from your skin are being absorbed into the now very dry rubber.

If you dress them now they'll look fine.

That's the answer I needed on gmfs earlier dylan, ty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD