Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax dilemma

LarryR

Question

So I've got both the Americana and the Patriot wax.....ordered the Americana before the Patriot reveal. In another week, depnding upon the weather, I'll be doing my first top to bottom Adam's detail on my new baby. Question is which wax should I use first? and then.......should I alternate or just use one up before starting on the next one?:confused:

18 answers to this question

So I've got both the Americana and the Patriot wax.....ordered the Americana before the Patriot reveal. In another week, depnding upon the weather, I'll be doing my first top to bottom Adam's detail on my new baby. Question is which wax should I use first? and then.......should I alternate or just use one up before starting on the next one?:confused:

im in the same boat and if i were to use both at once id put the patriot on the bottom and americana on the top but ill only be using one or the other.

This next go around will be patriot :patriot: otherwise ill pick one or the other each time i wax the car.

Ah yes... First world problems...

Is it a garage queen or is it a DD that sees temps and weather?

If it's a DD, I'd lay down a coat of sealant and top with BG and then either APW or PPW.

If it's just a GQ, then lay down some BG, and top with a coat or two of PPW.

Even once my G8 becomes a GQ, I will continue to put a base of sealant down.

Sealants just ROCK for protection from bird bombs and bugs.

Chris

Patriot is no good for SRT8s. Send it to me for proper disposal, even if you need to remove it from the container.

Both are great. I love, love, love, love Americana - but :patriot: is nicer.

Ah yes... First world problems...

:lolsmack:

Hmmm... do I use my $70 wax or my $250 wax? :help:

Good problems to have IMO!

Really up to you man, I'd say give them both a shot in your next few details and see what you prefer. Maybe you'll decide APW is your 'everyday' wax and then you can conserve the Patriot for special occasions like car shows and such.

No right or wrong. Just go with what makes sense for you.

:lolsmack:

Hmmm... do I use my $70 wax or my $250 wax? :help:

Good problems to have IMO!

Really up to you man, I'd say give them both a shot in your next few details and see what you prefer. Maybe you'll decide APW is your 'everyday' wax and then you can conserve the Patriot for special occasions like car shows and such.

No right or wrong. Just go with what makes sense for you.

Use both and have a $310 wax!

I'm thinking the first couple of times I'll be using the Americana. Haven't waxed a car in decades so I'll "train" with the $70 can first. What kind of shelf life does this stuff have?

You know what I have the same issue. I have three waxes, and do not know which to use first. I have Chemical Guy's Pete's '53, Poorboys World Nattys Blue Paste Wax, and, of course, Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax.

I'm thinking the first couple of times I'll be using the Americana. Haven't waxed a car in decades so I'll "train" with the $70 can first. What kind of shelf life does this stuff have?

Just so you're aware... Do two panels at a time and remove, but DO NOT do the whole car and remove. It turns into concrete!!!

Chris

Just so you're aware... Do two panels at a time and remove, but DO NOT do the whole car and remove. It turns into concrete!!!

Chris

Thanks for the reminder Chewy! Will DEFINITELY remember that one! Do any of you guys/gals (who may be vertically challenged) use a step stool (or something) to reach the entire roof?

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I'd lay the patriot down and call it. Sell me your Americana at a discounted price.

That patriot will be plenty of protection, for real. If you need more shine... Stare at the sun and kill some of your vision cos there's no way to get more shine than that patriot wax on a freshly polished ride.

Edit...

Awesome car man. I was about to pull the trigger on one like that 2 weeks ago.

Test drove it and well...

I saw my future being a really short one.

Got a Ram instead.