Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's, daily driver and rain?

oh2lsgun

Question

I have a just gotten into the Adam's products and all i have to say is WOW! its easy to use with a nice gloss to it.

The question I have is how often I should use your products on my daily driver? Its a white camaro and I have to park it daily in areas without cover and occacional rain. I don't have much of your products but a budy clayed the car 2 months ago and the car does see 2 coats of butter wax monthly by hand. Any reccomendations?

22 answers to this question

Butter wax once a month if it's really bad, but every other month should be fine. I keep mine looking good between waxes with the Brilliant Spray Glaze and Detail Spray. You can use the detail spray as often as you want with no side effects. Great stuff.:2thumbs:

I am not sure that anything can prevent fallout and/or contamination but there certainly are a number of products available from the good folks @ Adam's to help deal with that. I too think that waxing twice a month is overkill. I like Rich's suggestion on the BSG. I love that stuff. I use that in between waxings with great results. The detail spray can be used daily if needed...which I tend to do when the weather is nice here. The clay will certainly help with any junk that the paint picks up. I highly suggest a PC, but polishing is best for correction of paint defects such as swirls. To your specific point I'd suggest that you clay before polishing...even more so when using a PC. :pc:

Aloha.

For a daily driver that isn't garaged I'd recommend using a portercable and Adam's Machine Superwax. It has sealant properties and therefore offers better and longer lasting protection than the Buttery Wax. Superwax lasts for months.

I am not sure that anything can prevent fallout and/or contamination but there certainly are a number of products available from the good folks @ Adam's to help deal with that. I too think that waxing twice a month is overkill. I like Rich's suggestion on the BSG. I love that stuff. I use that in between waxings with great results. The detail spray can be used daily if needed...which I tend to do when the weather is nice here. The clay will certainly help with any junk that the paint picks up. I highly suggest a PC, but polishing is best for correction of paint defects such as swirls. To your specific point I'd suggest that you clay before polishing...even more so when using a PC. :pc:

Aloha.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

For a daily driver that isn't garaged I'd recommend using a portercable and Adam's Machine Superwax. It has sealant properties and therefore offers better and longer lasting protection than the Buttery Wax. Superwax lasts for months.

This is great advice, I would recommend you use the Super Machine Wax in conjunction with Brilliant Spray Glaze to properly seal the paint, and give it the maximum protection you can. Also, keep in mind that while clay baring the paint is great as it will leave you with an immaculate finish in terms of cleanliness, polishing the paint is a big factor in adhesion of crud. Dirt, fallout, tree sap, ect, all will adhere to swirled paint better because of the fact that it gives it more purchase to the surface. A flawless finish will be super slick once hit with a couple coats of Machine Wax and BSG, making dust stick less, dirt and crud come off easier when washing, bird poo/fallout/tree sap removal, ect ect.

yup. If it is waxed really well, the protection from bird poo etching is a lot better than bare clear coat. Buttery should be pretty slick.

Regarding the clay bar, I would only do that quarterly, even if it is outside, and only if it does not pass the 'baggie over your hand' test. Clay it right before you do any other surface correction and or (super machine wax/buttery wax/americana wax).

After it's all polished and waxed up, sometimes the bird poo (if near/on curved surface) may even ricochet off - you will see an odd colored 'film' on the paint, and the poo will will be on the ground. The film will wipe off easily. THAT's a real benefit to having a well waxed finish, and I agree with CRQuarto -a smooth, polished, and slick finish also helps the ease of ongoing maintenance. Once you get it nice, it's easier to keep it that way. Go for it.

If you are curious about the 'baggie' test, check out the Adam's videos on claybar and polishing.

I have a just gotten into the Adam's products and all i have to say is WOW! its easy to use with a nice gloss to it.

The question I have is how often I should use your products on my daily driver? Its a white camaro and I have to park it daily in areas without cover and occacional rain. I don't have much of your products but a budy clayed the car 2 months ago and the car does see 2 coats of butter wax monthly by hand. Any reccomendations?

:welcome: You could probably go with 2 coats every 2-3 months! My .02 cents!:thumbsup:

Aloha.

Good Advice. Oh, and Mike: --. --- | -.-- .- -. -.- . . ... :D

Theres not much you can do to prevent fallout, espcecially on white. Its more a result of where you live and what your car is exposed to. If you live within a reasonable distance of any industrial zone, highway, rail road, etc you're gonna get it... and on white its far more noticable than on any other color.

That being said these guys have given some excellent advice. Take a look at Machine Superwax and a PC setup to apply it... the durability of a sealant will be much greater and make it difficult for fallout, rail dust, etc to deposit on the finish.

Well said Gerry! :iagree:

Thanks but the reason I ask is because I keep noticing fallout all over the car and I have to get out the claybar and detail spray.

These fallouts are little tiny brown and black dots all over the car? If so i too had a hard time keeping it clear of fallouts. Now i don't have a white car any more now that i use Adams products. Try what was said about clay, FMP, SMW and keep us up to date. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

I can vouch for the Machine Super Wax & the Americana for leaving a super slick finish. I used each on seperate cars the are daily drivers here in Michigan. With all the salt debris & 1 of the cars gets driven on dirt roads 4 days a week, both literally rinsed to a clean finish!! The woman who drives the dirt roads asked if I'd washed the car "that quick", had to tell her (with a chuckle) I was just getting started. 15 minutes later it was immaculant again.

Nice! Hopefully not a picture from today...

It's a HOT AS HECK 93ºF today and sunny as heck to boot.

Man I hate when the weather goes from 60's to 90's... WTH?

Chris

Nah Chewy that was a couple weeks ago while I was in seeing Iron Man 2 on premier day. It is a warm one today bright and sunny, (I'm only about an hour or so west of you on I-80); the next 3 days will be rainy though :(

More excuse to spend time with the car this coming weekend. :D

-Joshman

Guest Gone & Forgotten

All I have is MSW and Americana - oh wait... that's the killer dream team combo platter. Whomp!

Just got my garage, still don't live there - remodeling is fun (and expensive). When I do move in (2 weeks) - the PC is getting another workout. May try that BSG then as well, maybe some buttery.

well everyone has their ways of this and that but my GrandPrix is a outside car period. This summer I clayed it a coat of revive polish and started out with buttery wax about twice a month like you do and a few months ago I stepped it up a notch to americana wax and havent looked back at my buttery. I apply 1 coat of americana every month. Now some say that it is overkill and while I slightly agree it is americana doesnt take hardly anything to apply a coat first of all and secondly I love waxing my black car and americana makes it shine like no other that I have used in the past and seeing how mine is a DD i figure the more protection I can get the better off I am and plus I just love in the insane beading off of my car while I look at other cars and laugh. Americana is my favortie adams product thus far. Now im not talking bad about MSW or Buttery but buttery doesnt last as long and MSW is best used by a pc and I do not have one though it is in the future hand is my best method right now.

Here's mine with a coat of MSW and a coat of Americana but on a VERY dirty car and the car sat for an hour before taking these so beading isn't up to the level I'm used to seeing... :thumbsup: