Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dusters

LarryR

Question

11 answers to this question

Dusters are fine for the dash and similar 'non-delicate' surfaces. Avoid nav screens, guage faces, painted panels, etc.

So for the delicate interior items (i.e. gauges, clear plastic, NAV screens, etc.) are we talking glass cleaner and a supersoft MFT?

I prefer a plush MF and WW or DS... I spray a SUPER light mist onto the towel, and wipe gently. The moisture of the chemicals is almost entirely just so the dust has something to stick to. Once the dust is off I use a fresh side of the towel and another shot of DS or WW to clean up any smudges.

It doesn't, but on some we found it took a lot of wiping to get it off completely. We try to always cover the best practices for everyone since we don't want to say you can use it on nav screens, but then have a few people upset it didn't work well.

Good call, my screen is pretty small on the Boss and not touchscreen. I'll have to give it a try on the Nav in the Explorer and report. :2thumbs:

Worked fine for me on the Nav. Spray on, wipe, quick buff with a dry MF. The marks on the radio are swirls, they're not coming out. I'd say for the ease of use with 1 product and not having to switch to something else, I'd keep using it.

Before:

ruSrBH0.jpg

After:

DqyhshO.jpg

I have two Merino Wool dusters that I use for weekly dusting in my car. One is smaller one that I use for smaller areas and one is a larger one with a long handle which makes it easy to reach back and clean areas like my rear dash in my 2012 Camaro.

Both are super soft and work great.

Edited by Brandon Lutz