Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 Foot Addition To The Home

MAYBEN

I read something before Eli was born that said pet owners usually make better first parents because they're used to training and scolding which makes it come easier when they have to do it to their child.

I agree actually. I have NO problem putting Eli in a time out. All we have to do is ask him if he wants to be in one now and he changes his tune. THAT's what I'm talking about!

^^ Chris, I completely agree with this even without seeing the article. We do the same thing with our daughter Hadley when she's being a terror. The one thing my wife and I hate seeing are kids setting the rules with their parents. Remember try to alway use 10 positives for 1 negative

I read something before Eli was born that said pet owners usually make better first parents because they're used to training and scolding which makes it come easier when they have to do it to their child.

I agree actually. I have NO problem putting Eli in a time out. All we have to do is ask him if he wants to be in one now and he changes his tune. THAT's what I'm talking about!

I'm hoping to achieve the same results.. I love my Niece and Nephew, but they have NO dicipline whatsoever.. A couple years ago they were told "Aunt Kimmie and Uncle Nick are watching you next week.." they replied: "Does that mean we're gonna have rules?"

That's great Nick! You'll love being a father. Remember three things... Be fun, make rules and live by them, and take pictures until your finger hurts from pushing the button.

Best advice ever, esp the rules. Set the boundaries and keep them. Also, make sure Grandparents honor and follow them. Our twins will be 5 next month and we are constantly complimented on how well behaved they are.

• 2 weeks later...

btw.. last week my Wife got a voicemail from the ultrasound place regarding the results from the Down Syndrome screening.. the voicemail said they had the results back and they were 'good' and then said 'but' and had a pause, then said they were able to pull the gender and if we want to know, to call back..

well the Wife called me and told me about the message and said 'but (long pause)' and as I'm ****ting bricks, she continued.. I told her that was messed up and she said "Well if I had to go through it"

so we called together and drum roll please..............

Baby Girl!

• 4 months later...

I knew it was a week or so away!  

Get ready for it...  I remember people telling me this and that and I was like "I know" and then Eli came and it was like, shoot, I can't just jump in the car and go to the store and be back in 5 minutes.  It's now a 45 minute ordeal...  lol  

Good luck!