Customer Service 866.965.0400

Are machine pads dryer safe?

13-Mustang-GT/CS

Question

24 answers to this question

I try to let the pads air dry upside down so the water will be pulled away from the adhesive by gravity.

I've put pads in the wash and dryer (experimentation purposes) and nothing bad happened, but adhesive is adhesive, there's only a certain amount of torment it can take before it starts peeling off.

I usually wring them out so they're mostly dry then I make a sandwich of utility MF towels and pads.

Towel

Pad

Towel

Pad

And then I either sit on it for a few or hold it down. The squishing gets nearly all the water into the towels.

Two of my pads are over a year old, lately I've been throwing them in the dryer without problems.

Try at your own risk:)

I put in a large towel with them so they dry faster.

Never tried my 4 Gen pads in the dryer, Yet:)

Kevin

Two of my pads are over a year old, lately I've been throwing them in the dryer without problems.

Try at your own risk:)

I put in a large towel with them so they dry faster.

Never tried my 4 Gen pads in the dryer, Yet:)

Kevin

Yeah all my pads are the 4 gen .. I'm gunna take one for the team and find out how this goes. Lol. Wish me luck

I just washed out my machine pads and need to use them again tomorrow morning. Are they dryer safe to speed up the process? Also can they go in a load with my double/single softs?

also does this apply to the wash mitts?

I wouldn't put them in the dryer, and I wouldn't dry the mitts either.....

That's why it is nice to have a couple sets of pads. If you set them in the sun they will dry fairly fast.

I wouldn't put them in the dryer, and I wouldn't dry the mitts either.....

That's why it is nice to have a couple sets of pads. If you set them in the sun they will dry fairly fast.

:iagree:

I like to place mine on the grit guards and they sit on top if the dryer on Sunday's. Works out perfect, Sunday is laundry day and the day I clean all my pads from that week. So while the dryer runs the heat rises to the pads sitting in top. Gets them dried a little quicker I think.

I know I'm weird. Lol

Exactly what Andre just mentioned .. if you have a grit guard place them on the grit guard in the sun and they will dry pretty quick.. or you can leave them overnight and by morning they will be fine.

I really would not put them in the dryer ..especially foam pads.

Dryers can be unpredictable with heat and I guarantee you will damage the pads by melting them.. seen it happen before.

I clean my pads after every use with warm water and APC in the sink by hand. Once I wring them out as best as I can I lay them face down on a towel in the laundry room. No way do I put foam pads in the dryer.

Throwing them in the dryer will kill them eventually. May happen the first time, may happen the 20th time. It's been mentioned that the glue can only take so much before it fails. We don't recommend you do, also this will void any warranty.

Find a nice dish rack to let them dry on after washing.

P14132113.jpg

Don't do as I do, do what Adam and company tell you:)

Works for me but I may be doing damage to them at not knowing but so far so good:)

Kevin

I'm getting mixed thoughts now lol. I got some saying its fine and some saying they wouldn't

I typically have a full box of pads, so I have at least two full sets ready to go, which means another two full sets dirty.

One way to dry them quicker is to put them on the PC or Flex and spin them in your wash bucket. Another option is to put them in the washer, verticle, facing out. Run them on the spin cycle and it'll suck a majority of the water out.

This sounds ghetto, but when I was working the Carlisle events, you straight up blew through every pad you had and we had to clean them every night. I turned the oven on the lowest setting and put them in for a couple minutes (after running them on the Flex in a bucket). Next I'd lay them out upside down and they'd be dry in the morning.

NOOOOOO! Do not put foam accessories into the dryer!

:iagree:

In the fire service, we like to call putting things in the dryer that should NOT be put in the dryer.....

"JOB SECURITY"

Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something right...

The way I dry my pads I learned here a couple years back, but don't recall who suggested this to give them credit for this.

After washing the pads, wring them out, wrap in a towel and wring again. Then set a box fan on its side on a CLEAN floor (putting something under the box fan to keep it off the floor to allow air movement), place the pads on top and turn it on.

Even in Florida summer humidity the pads will be dry overnight! :2thumbs:

image_zps6a5ae280.jpg