Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax Deserves...

IrishCurse

Question

... Some extra love my friends. I feel I have neglected her because of some good ol' fashioned Americana superiority. Superiority is a relative term of course. I fully detailed my fiancée's ride last week to include strip wash, clay, seal, and face melter. We live in NM so the dust whips around, especially during the Spring. Needless to say, her jeep was covered with dust, rained on just enough to not clean the dust off, then dried. I elected to wash it today and throw some protection on as an added bonus.

I first hit it with the pressure washer, which was awesome because the sealant and Americana damn-near made the paint finish water-phobic. Water would jump off the thing. I really saw first hand how awesome QS and Americana are. I looked down toward a small portion of my supplies deciding which to use. Americana... nah, it sits outside and is a DD. QS or MSS? Nah, can't, not bare paint and I already QS'ed it last week. Then I glanced by Mr. Butterskilskin. I thought it will go to the grave of old age before I used it, plus, I plan to wash hers every other week, so I can reapply during those detail sessions. I decided to use it, what could the draw to this stuff be when I have Americana?

3 words: Ease of use.

I've read so many posts where people sing it's praises, and I am forced to jump on that passing wagon. Fast application, even faster removal, and it shined very, very well... especially after the BG I used. I understand the more frequent application time lines, but at this speed, why wouldn't you apply at every washing, or at least once a month? She doesn't see the difference from one product to the next, and barely sees the difference between clean and dirty. This way, I can protect her paint in a fast and easy way, and at a lower cost! I wasn't super careful applying either, and no residue left behind. It seems every product Adams makes is stellar given the right circumstances. I threw my hat in the ring on the TID launch too and have glowing things to say about it also, even though I love my cleaner/conditioner product combo. The more I detail, the more Adams polishes solidifies a life-long detailing partnership with me! :2thumbs:

20 answers to this question

Buttery is AWESOME stuff, but I haven't used it in years. Like 2008 to be exact. It was one of the first products I bought and I loved it. On a DD in the Midwest, I needed something that would last most, if not all winter. I found MSS and AQS to be up to that job. That being said, nothing is easier to apply and remove than Buttery.

Buttery Wax is great stuff. I still use it, and this was the first (well, almost the first) wax Adam had in his product line. I was lucky enough to get to use it before it was available to the public, at that time (and when first introduced) it was called Butter Wax. I have always gotten great results with it and I still feel it is a very fine, quality product that will stand up to any other wax on the market. I love Americana, but if Buttery Wax was the only one available, I certainly would not be disappointed. In my experience, it produces a great shine, and holds up great, Buttery Wax has NEVER disappointed me!

Chewy, QS is incredible. I QS her Jeep and threw Americana over it. I hit the jeep with a pressure washer, and the water jumped off the finish. I QS the SS the next week and put 2 coats of Americana over it. Again, from a time/benefit perspective, QS is to MSS as Buttery Wax is to Americana. Lol.

I basically use her jeep as the R&D vehicle, lol. I used QS on her car first and I couldn't believe the results. I then used QS on my SS. I applied Buttery to her car first, although I had QS and Americana already. I already have QS and Americana on the car, so I can see myself throwing Buttery on the SS, just as added bonus every wash! I lay down a very protective base of QS and Americana, then I'll use Buttery for maintenance until its time to strip wash an lay down my protective base again. I'm always tweaking my process it seems, lol! The daily drivers need added protection, and because Buttery is so easy, I can reapply every wash without adding much time to my weekly maintenance efforts!

Edited by Chewy

Yeah, on the DD's I don't top, so if I need more protection, I just hit with AQS again.

Once the G8 becomes a garage queen, it'll get a layer of AQS or MSS and then Patriot.

Chris

I have a feeling that Adam's will refomulate he Buttery Wax soon. Maybe add some sythetic polymers to make it last longer?

I have that feeling too. Meg's NXT 2.0 is actually a sealant marketed as a wax. I have high hopes for a Buttery redesign, great though as it is I don't have a use for another wax since Americana/Patriot. If BW goes hybrid 1 step on us, I'll be :rockon:

The first adams wax i used ever. It is probably one of the best waxes on the market for EASE OF USE. Sunday I recomended it for my buddy to use who hates waxing, everything he has used is a pain in the !@# to work with and he quits after one panel most of the time. But he actually did his whole truck sunday with it. He couldnt belive how easy it was to work with lol. When he comes back from Atlanta i am doing a full/ or partial  paint correction on his truck depending on time. But i love this stuff. Pleasant banana like smell.  

buttery definetly gets left out alot it seems I have loved this stuff since I first got hooked on adams years ago. Does wonders on black paint. Actually did my yellow svt focus today will a good coat of buttery followed by a coat of patriot turned out amazing as usual.

I think a face lift would be a good thing for BW because Adams caters to all different people. For the obsessed and more skilled you have the machines and quick sealant even though quick sealant is easy to put on it is still daunting to some an aerosol???? The buttery fills in a gap between the total detailer as opposed to the guy or gal that that likes a clean car. What Adams should come out with is spray buttery wax to make it even easier to use or a spray Americana?

It might come down one day that Adams has 2 entire lines one for the professional detailer and one for the weekend warrior. They are almost there now

Just did my vehicle today with the buttery wax and the stuff goes on and off nice! it was out in the sun too on a dolphin gray metallic paint that look black at night. I actually did a reclay ( did the clay last weekend but wanted to make sure it was still clean) detail spray,revive and buttery last ...americana should be here tuesday so i will give that a try later