Customer Service 866.965.0400

Please Read: WELCOME TO THE NEW ADAM'S FORUMS!

Guest admin

I absolutely hate this new mobile version. I'd rather have like it is on a desktop. It works fine just can't stand the layout of it. On a computer the layout is a little confusing with all options, but ill learn it. Is there a ways to get the desktop version on a phone? I use my phone way more then a computer and I liked this forum before but I don't see myself vsiting it much now. I'm new here without many posts but I did enjoy reading the tips and tricks that peopel have to offer. On a good note it won't stop me from buying Adams products!

Also, when I quote someone, it automatically stick the cursor in the quote box.  Gerry, is there a fix for that?  

^^^ This! I've been replying to PM's lately via my phone and I have a real hard time trying to get the cursor NOT to go into the prior quote/message received. 

I'm working from a Droid FWIW. Soon to be an iPhone 5. So I don't know if it will make a difference when I switch. 

I absolutely hate this new mobile version. I'd rather have like it is on a desktop. It works fine just can't stand the layout of it. On a computer the layout is a little confusing with all options, but ill learn it. Is there a ways to get the desktop version on a phone? I use my phone way more then a computer and I liked this forum before but I don't see myself vsiting it much now. I'm new here without many posts but I did enjoy reading the tips and tricks that peopel have to offer. On a good note it won't stop me from buying Adams products!

Yes, scroll to the bottom and see the box that says "FULL VERSION" and click it.  BAM!  Problem solved.

And to add to Chewy's note, if for some reason you want to change it back to the Mobile Version from the Full Version and it does not want to switch back, try closing your browser and open it back up and you should be good to go.

I'm not sure, either.  It's entirely possible I just don't understand the available choices:

I have my preferences set to:  Notation Frequency - Offline

All of the "Topics and Posts" checks are checked for EMAIL except the last one for "likes".

Shouldn't that just give me one email per thread while I'm offline?

I believe that will give you one email per reply to a followed topic while offline. Switch the frequency to Daily Digest or change from email notifications to board notifications if the emails are too much.

Does the notification button work Rich?  Last night it and the messenger button were dead on the iPad.  

Also, when I quote someone, it automatically stick the cursor in the quote box.  Gerry, is there a fix for that?  

I haven't experienced this on either PC, Mac, or Android. Like I said before there is apparently a known issue with iOS, so if you are using an iPhone or iPad this may be one of the problems. I don't know what the "issue" with iOS is and I do not own or have access to any iOS devices to try and replicate this.

And to add to Chewy's note, if for some reason you want to change it back to the Mobile Version from the Full Version and it does not want to switch back, try closing your browser and open it back up and you should be good to go.

That is part of the script problem I talked about with some of the fancy buttons not working. Whoever designed the forum skin needs to handle that. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out where the conflict was but since I didn't customize the skin I was at a loss.

Please let me be clear:  I'm not complaining!  I'm just pointing out a "feature" of the new forum software that I think could be improved.

The "go to first unread post" button is VERY HANDY but it's not available unless a thread spans more than one "page".  Since one page is quite long it would be nice if this option was available even for shorter threads.

Just a friendly suggestion.  No "diva" here.  I'm not leaving in a huff or anything...

Please let me be clear:  I'm not complaining!  I'm just pointing out a "feature" of the new forum software that I think could be improved.

The "go to first unread post" button is VERY HANDY but it's not available unless a thread spans more than one "page".  Since one page is quite long it would be nice if this option was available even for shorter threads.

Just a friendly suggestion.  No "diva" here.  I'm not leaving in a huff or anything...

Perhaps I don't understand your issue, but I took a screen shot of a thread that's only one page long and it has a link to the first unread post.

post-19-0-61676900-1368626680_thumb.png

This is completely different than what I'm seeing.  I'm "opening" the thread completely so all of the posts are completely listed.

I'm not familiar with the view you're showing.  I'll hunt around and try to find that....

If you click on the dark grey circle next to a topic with unread posts, it will bring you to the first unread post of that topic, regardless of the number of pages.

Also in case people were unaware, this grey circle will be a star instead if it's a topic they've posted in themselves.

20130515_112911.jpg

Agreed, the mobile skin for IPB is pretty fluid.

No need for 3rd party software when the forum has a built in mobile skin already. 

Agreed, the mobile skin for IPB is pretty fluid.

Fluid or not, a naively written app that is making simple calls and not dependent on a browser for rendering is still faster and, IMO, more convenient especially when most other forums utilize tapatalk.

It just seems like an odd choice to ditch a useful feature that was available prior. Guess we  can't have it all though.

is there a way to limit the notifications for each thread?  instead of receiving one every time someone replies which add up until you open the thread and review them, just receive one that 'resets' after you view the update..

Still having problems being notified. Gerry I followed your advice but it seems I never receive any emails to threads I post on etc.

Plus I notcied I do not have permision to view my own attachments.  

Also .. no spell check .. has that been removed? Im a fast typer and it just comes in handy when my sausage fingers type in the worng word.

Can one of you gents help me with this?

Appreciated!

Oh yeah guys.. My Network Manager unlocked the firewall for me so I can now actually be part of this forum at work.  Working the 3rd shift you have down time and being in a computer room all night you lose your mind.. so Im psyched that I can now get to know the new forum!

Edited by Mongosg8

Do you have "Auto follow topics I reply to." checked, with a frequency option other than "none"? Do you also have "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" checked under "email"?

Are you getting an error message when trying to view your own attachments? Can you be more specific about what happens so we can narrow down the cause? So far nobody else has reported this problem, and these are by-group settings.

Lastly, there is no spell check in the post editor because modern browsers have one (a much more accurate one at that) built in - you'll get the red squiggly lines under misspelled words, just like you would in any Microsoft Office program.

P.S. are you going to Mongillo's next month?

When I send a PM to someone and they respond, I'm not allowed to respond back for some reason. 3 times now I had to make a whole new "conversation" to respond and I have not reached my PM quota.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

If you click on the dark grey circle next to a topic with unread posts, it will bring you to the first unread post of that topic, regardless of the number of pages.

Also in case people were unaware, this grey circle will be a star instead if it's a topic they've posted in themselves.

THANK YOU!