Customer Service 866.965.0400

Owning a black car

MrHot88

Question

I have a black Toyota Rav4.

It shines like a mirror with Adam's products, it's how I maintain the finish.

But even though I'm really careful with washing it I still find small scratches, some swirls, very little but I see them, my wife doesn't see them but I do. Lol

My 4 inch Focus pads is my favorite pad set, bought the one to attach to my drill.

Anyway, after a wash I always inspect , if I see a flaw on the finish I simply get out my 4 inch pads, FMP and BAM, all gone ,so easy, works great.

Don't know how I got by without them, it's a must to buy a set if you don't have any, they're that good.

Five star product, best on the market I think.

We can always count on Adam's to maintain our cars.

If you buy a set and don't like them I'll buy them, full price, could always have more pads but you wouldn't sell them to anyone for double the price:)

Kevin

14 answers to this question

I've owned 3 black vehicles in the past.  Hated trying to detail them, but loved looking at them afterwards.  And that detailing was done before I discovered Adam's!

I currently own a Rav4 as well, but I've got the Pyrite Mica colour.  Mine is a 2012 and I have found it to be a difficult car to detail with all it's nooks and crannies.  Especially around the back by the spare tire.

I've owned 3 black vehicles in the past.  Hated trying to detail them, but loved looking at them afterwards.  And that detailing was done before I discovered Adam's!

x2, not counting the 3 black cars my wife has owned as well!  They are a LOT of work, but I LOVE the way they look when done right, and Adam's makes it easier to do them right.

That is true but for me it's worth the work.

I'll sit there and admire the swirl free shine.

Not hard to keep up if you stay on top of it, which I do:)

My truck is white , I have to really look for swirls.

I discovered Adams products about a year ago. I didn't even know how to properly wash or detail a car before that. I have a black SS and its a pain to keep clean but absolutely love the way it

Looks when it's clean. I hope to buy my flex machine soon and see my truck at its best. I have never used Americana on it so I'm anxious to see if my face is gonna melt or not lol.

I think having a black car is an obsession.  I mist it with detail spray after I drive it every time and she's definitely a garage queen.  But when I walk back to the car, it takes my breath away.  It is SO worth the effort.  :D

Black is my favorite color in cars.

LOVE IT OR HATE IT!

It's the best color if you know how to take care of it, but it's the worst color if you do not know.

I know how go take care of it, but I don't have the time/energy to want to. Last car was black... Never again. It does look fantastic when swirl-free, but for a daily driver it is too difficult to maintain. Kudos to all of you who have the patience to own one.

On my 4th black vehicle as well and don't think I will own anything but black in the future. Current stock is my black 07 dodge ram and wife's black 2012 grand Cherokee. Think it's hard keeping up with one black vehicle, try keeping 2 spotless on a weekly basis lol. It keeps me busy though and detailing the vehicles is my favorite hobby that keeps me happy. Every weekend I try to wash/detail at least one vehicle. Of course, with a baby on the way my detailing process may change a bit