Customer Service 866.965.0400

Major Detail Coming

TR6speed

Question

I will be attending a large Corvette show next weekend in St. Petersburg Fl. So I will be starting on my full detail this week. I plan to start on Tuesday with a full wash, which will be a quick wheel clean just to get the loose dirt off as I will be removing the wheels so I an do a complete cleaning of them.

The wash will consist of a combination of Adams Car Shampoo and Adams All Purpose Cleaner so I can strip off the old wax (Americana). I will start with a complete rinse of the body with plain water followed by a total foam layer then the wash. A rinse with the hose using the fire nozzle to remove all of the shampoo, followed by the sheet rinse. Next into the garage for the drying.

Step Two,is to do the interior, which will be a complete vacuum, leather seats cleaned and dressed as well as door panel and dash, door jambs will receive a coat of wax.

Step Three, remove the wheels and a complete cleaning of both the face of the wheel and tire as well as the inside (barrel). With the tires removed I will clean all of the wheel well area and clean the aluminum suspension components.

Step Four, Engine bay will get a complete detailing consisting of removing all dirt and sand that has been picked up, hoses and other areas will receive a coat of In & Out Spray and all of the custom painted, chrome and carbon fiber components will receive a coat of wax.

Step Five, the exterior will first be clayed, followed by Swirl & Haze Remover applied with the PC. Next is a coat of Fine Machine Polish again using the PC. As I head down the finish line I will apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze also with the PC and finish it up with the Americana. If course the windows will be cleaned and specific areas on the outside will receive a coat of In&Out Spray prior to applying the Swirl & Haze Remover.

This should keep me busy most of this week. Pictures to follow.

13 answers to this question

Sounds like a plan! You gonna seal before you lay glaze or Americana?

No, I don't seal mine as it is not a daily driver. I asked that that question shortly after Adams introduced the sealer and was told if it was not subjected the daily elements it was nay truly needed, but I could if I wanted.

Sounds like fun!  Is this the show out on the pier?

It is billed as Corvette's on the Pier, but it is actually in Strub Park. The pier will be closed at the end of the month so they can start the demolition of it. So the club that normally host the Pier show in Sept. have moved it to Mat and in the park.

Should turn out nice, I would put the Americana on then buzz across it with the PC and BG.

That is how I did prior to reading on here that the glaze followed by the Americana is the best way to apply it. I do use the glaze in-between waxing.