Customer Service 866.965.0400

Opti-Coat

J.greenroyd

Question

If I am applying Americana over MSS I wait until after the next wash to wax. It will need some type of cleaning after sitting for 24 hours anyway, so I just wait until it gets a little dirtier.  

My OCD is too strong for that. 

Remember guys!  There are Adams distributors out there that probably have the AQS in stock.  Look them up and order from them.

It's honestly WORTH IT!  Also, I stock up.  I think I have 3-4 cans.  

Agreed. I mentioned this earlier as well, however I just reached out to one of them directly just to make sure. Once confirmed I will be ordering for myself, then sharing with everyone they do have QS in stock. :banana:

I haven't found any via GOOGLE. If you have a source, please share. 

Totally agree with you Dylan ;) and @mook I have two layers of MSS and a layer of quick sealant on the front end and the protection is incredible!! Going on 14 months now with this combo. Also a coat of buttery every other week. Too much? NEVER!! MOAR WAX!!! Haha

Totally agree with you Dylan ;) and @mook I have two layers of MSS and a layer of quick sealant on the front end and the protection is incredible!! Going on 14 months now with this combo. Also a coat of buttery every other week. Too much? NEVER!! MOAR WAX!!! Haha

LOL, a coat of Buttery every other week?  THAT's why you're getting the 14 months out of it!  

NP pal... no hard feelings earlier.  My fiancée and I fight bc you cant convey emotion over text message.  Same rules apply here!

I'm not one to hold a grudge or get upset because some disagree with me, it's how we learn of new ways to help us do better work.

I do call it like I see it and voice my option , of I can help others I'll do it and ask nothing in return.

Kevin

NP pal... no hard feelings earlier.  My fiancée and I fight bc you cant convey emotion over text message.  Same rules apply here!

I'm not one to hold a grudge or get upset because some disagree with me, it's how we learn of new ways to help us do better work.

I do call it like I see it and voice my option , of I can help others I'll do it and ask nothing in return.

Kevin

I've been using Adams products for about 4 years now and love all the products (which we have just about everything they carry) but for my own curiosity have ventured out to try other products as well.  One of the products I use in my shop is Opti-coat.  The Opti-Coat the majority of the people are using is the 2.0 version.  This is available at the retail level and is a decent product.  We, however, are a certified installer of the Opti-Coat Pro Ceramic coatings.  This product is a permanent coating and requires a very in-depth prep that needs to be done prior to the application of the Pro Version.  Of course this service is not for everyone, and is quite costly to have applied to a vehicle.

If I used opti-coat on my wife's SUV, couldn't I still use Adams waxes/glaze to get the extra shine on top of it? No opti-coat for the Z, thank you, I like babying it with the Adams products. The wife's ride doesn't quite get the same attention.

If I used opti-coat on my wife's SUV, couldn't I still use Adams waxes/glaze to get the extra shine on top of it? No opti-coat for the Z, thank you, I like babying it with the Adams products. The wife's ride doesn't quite get the same attention.

Yes you could still polish,wax, glaze after its applied, it's a sealer just like any other but with what I heard was the best on the market.

It last forever:)

Most sealants last for a few months, not with this products, it's permanent.

To me it means a lot, just think, your finish will always be protected.

I'm still looking into this, asking questions and reading reviews, so far so good.

Kevin

Yes you could still polish,wax, glaze after its applied, it's a sealer just like any other but with what I heard was the best on the market.

It last forever:)

Most sealants last for a few months, not with this products, it's permanent.

To me it means a lot, just think, your finish will always be protected.

I'm still looking into this, asking questions and reading reviews, so far so good.

Kevin

Have you used a coating before like opticoat 2? Seem to be giving out advice like you have. Opticoat 2.0 is not permanent and if you machine polish it, it will come off, ask Roshan. You can also wax over it but it wont last as long.

Take my opinion however you want but I've actually applied 22ple pro to 2 cars. Its great for the wife's car or your daily. But these coatings do NOT prevent swirls, waterspots or etching from bird droppings. You can even ask Optimum about it.

Have you used a coating before like opticoat 2? Seem to be giving out advice like you have. Opticoat 2.0 is not permanent and if you machine polish it, it will come off, ask Roshan. You can also wax over it but it wont last as long.

Take my opinion however you want but I've actually applied 22ple pro to 2 cars. Its great for the wife's car or your daily. But these coatings do NOT prevent swirls, waterspots or etching from bird droppings. You can even ask Optimum about it.

Like I said, I never used it,I'm still reading and asking questions.

It is permanent until you do another correction.

If you only were to wash, glaze and wax in will not come off.

I'm not giving advise on it, how could I being I never using it but I will, I test products that I think I may benefit with.

If its not worth it I'll he the first to say so, I call it like I see it.

Here is a vid I found.

Keep this in mind for future reference, I voice my option on many things, you don't have to try it, you don't have to agree with me, it's just my option.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I don't bash Adam 's products, he'll I buy his stuff.

Some of you really need to get a grip on this.

This is the first forum that I've found that you can't voice your option or knowledge.

You don't have to follow my post, ignore them if you like, or read them and see if you learn something from it, that's how we all learn, right?

Who is the best detailer in the world, who knows more about detailing in the world?, we'll never have an answer to that question.

Kevin