Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bakflip F1 and Instrument Panel Clear Lens Care Questions

Secret Squirrel

Question

I just got my 2013 Ford F150 SVT Raptor recently and ordered a lot of Adam's products.

I have a few questions.

Question 1:

Which Adam's product do you recommend for the care of my Bakflip F1 (Folding Bed Cover)?

Bakflip recommends to wash with soap and water followed by 3M Formula 303 UV protectant.

The top is made of black FRP with EPDM rubber hinges and seals. 

Question 2:

Which Adam's product should I use to clean and protect the clear lens on the instrument panel and the Nav touch screen? 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

13 answers to this question

Q1: Don't know what a backflip is sorry :(

Q2: Glass cleaner for your Nav screan, the clear instrument panel can be polished out nicely with Revive (if you have scratches, they scratch really easily) and wiped down with a SS and QID for upkeep. I personally wouldn't seal either of them, but I suppose you could use Quick Sealant.

Edited by 07RS4

Honestly, I simply use Detail Spray after washing mine down. For the rubber/plastic trim I throw some In & Out Spray on them or even some SVRT will work as well. I've had my F1 for a couple months now and it looks great.

BTW Dave, a BakFlip is a bed cover.

I just got my 2013 Ford F150 SVT Raptor recently and ordered a lot of Adam's products.

I have a few questions.

Question 1:

Which Adam's product do you recommend for the care of my Bakflip F1 (Folding Bed Cover)?

Bakflip recommends to wash with soap and water followed by 3M Formula 303 UV protectant.

The top is made of black FRP with EPDM rubber hinges and seals. 

Question 2:

Which Adam's product should I use to clean and protect the clear lens on the instrument panel and the Nav touch screen? 

Q1: Stick to soap and water for cleaning. Super VRT can be used if its a porous vinyl/plastic surface. I'm not too familiar with the bakflip so if you can post a pic that will help. 

Q2: The materials that the gauge clusters and radio displays are made of is very delicate and prone to scratching. When cleaning use DS or WW and a PLUSH towel. Mist the product onto the towel (this gives the dust something to stick to) and gently wipe. 

i have the Bakflip F1 on my truck.

i wash it everytime i wash my truck. just Adam's shampoo and wash mitt. to protect it, i use quick sealant. i also spray the hinges with In & Out spray, and the rubber trim along the edges get treated with SVRT.

i've had it for a year and a half and it still looks brand new :)

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Q1: Stick to soap and water for cleaning. Super VRT can be used if its a porous vinyl/plastic surface. I'm not too familiar with the bakflip so if you can post a pic that will help. 

Q2: The materials that the gauge clusters and radio displays are made of is very delicate and prone to scratching. When cleaning use DS or WW and a PLUSH towel. Mist the product onto the towel (this gives the dust something to stick to) and gently wipe. 

Bakflip F1 top is Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) with EPDM rubber hinges and seals.

post-10529-0-41386800-1369946444_thumb.jpg

Edited by Secret Squirrel

Q2: The materials that the gauge clusters and radio displays are made of is very delicate and prone to scratching. When cleaning use Detail Spray or Waterless Wash and a PLUSH towel. Mist the product onto the towel (this gives the dust something to stick to) and gently wipe. 

Dylan, what do you do if you inadvertently got TID overspray on the clear instrument panel plastic?  Same procedure?  Spray waterless wash on a double soft and gently wipe?

I've always used 1Z Cockpit for the touchscreen and clear plastic over the instrument cluster (and everything else that wasn't some kind of upholstry...), but my TID should be here for this weekend's cleanup so I'll be switching to that.

Dylan, what do you do if you inadvertently got TID overspray on the clear instrument panel plastic?  Same procedure?  Spray waterless wash on a double soft and gently wipe?

not to steal the spotlight from Dylan, but that is what you should do. single or double soft will work, although the single may be better for tight spots. the double softs are very thick.