Customer Service 866.965.0400

Debris in wash pads? Nooks and crannies of cars?

ndpitch

Question

What's up people!

Two questions.

1. I neglected my car for too long, and my last wash was pretty ronchy as a result.  There's some debris in both the 9x9 and 11x11 wash pads that I couldn't get out by rinsing aggressively.  The website says machine washing isn't recommended.  Any other thoughts on cleaning up these pads, or are they dead?
  2. I've neglected some of the nooks and crannies of my car, and as a result they are getting VERY soiled.  I'm talking about the door jams, trunk jam, around the gaskets under the hood, etc.  Basically, the areas you can't see if you washed the full exterior of the car.  What's the best way to clean these?  For example, the door jams are painted, and I don't know how to get all the crud off without getting in there with a utility towel and possibly scratching it all up in the process.  Recommendations?

5 answers to this question

Use a brush to try to release the debris, and if that doesn't work, toss them and buy new.

Also, if it's been a while and your car is really bad, it's not a bad idea to go to the coin-op and do a high pressure rinse using straight water.  I do it ALL the time!  It's all about getting the big chunks off before cleaning it properly at home. 

I use a CRAP TON of WW and a WW towel to clean my door jams and inside of the doors. 

A dog grooming brush or even a regular hair brush can be used to comb out any debris lodged deep in the wash pads or mits. 

for really dirty areas, open them up prior to washing, saturate with a liberal amount of WW and then proceed with washing as usual, at the end use more WW or DS and dry those areas last being very careful about how you wipe. 

generally the act of washing, plus the pre-treatment with WW will loosen up the buildup enough that the water flowing thru the gaps during the wash will flush it out. 

In the end, prevention is the best medicine. Keep it from getting really nasty in the first place and the regular maintenance is much easier. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

The trim and lug nut brush is great for cleaning the nooks and crannies, especially the tough to reach spots underhood.

885.jpg

After you get those areas to an acceptable level of clean, you can use WW and WW towel or utility towels during future washes.

Edited by Redbeard