Customer Service 866.965.0400

How To Clean Buffer Pads and Grit Guard Pad Washer Review

ihaveacamaro

Question

17 answers to this question

Nice review Roshan.

The pad washer certainly isn't' for everyone, but I love mine when I have lots of pads to clean at once. If I'm only doing a couple of pads the setup time for the washer really isn't worth it. 

Pad laundry is my least favorite part of the process, so I always buildup a few pads that need to be cleaned, then do them all at once with the padwasher. 

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-484-universal-pad-washer-by-grit-guard.aspx

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Nice review Roshan.

The pad washer certainly isn't' for everyone, but I love mine when I have lots of pads to clean at once. If I'm only doing a couple of pads the setup time for the washer really isn't worth it. 

Pad laundry is my least favorite part of the process, so I always buildup a few pads that need to be cleaned, then do them all at once with the padwasher. 

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-484-universal-pad-washer-by-grit-guard.aspx

That's exactly what I do. 

After I made this video, I think I cleaned 15 or so pads lol.

Nice video Roshan!

The only crituqie I have is when you mentioned that our APC can't be diluted. I'm assuming you know that it can be, maybe you just got excited because you were about to use the Pad Washer. ;)

What I meant is that in comparison to other APCs that are able to dilute up 1:10, I find that diluting Adam's APC at 1:2 or any more for this specific purpose hinders the effectiveness more than I like. I would rather just use it straight or 1:1 in that case.

I've said many times that I love Adam's APC, just wish it was more dilutable! Of course, you guys are targeting people who want easy to use and effective stuff rather than cost efficient and effective, so I do understand what it's all about, but I still can't just help to wish that it was more dilutable!

Adam's needs a pro line for people like me who want to dilute and play around!! :D

Edited by ihaveacamaro

Can't wait to get home and watch this Roshan!  

I have one that I have used a few times, but have not been that impressed with it.  I have not tried again since talking with the folks from Grit Guard recently.

Mike, you know I have plenty of products and polishes and other things and this method has worked for me time after time. I think you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Nice vid.. I agree them things are expensive but effective. 

Pretty much sums up 9 minutes of video into one sentence lol!

Great video but for me washing them by hand is great and fast.

Kevin

When you're doing multiple corrections in one day, the last thing you want to do is work to clean your pads for tomorrow. Obviously, you can do it by hand, but in my experience, I would not call it fast or easy at all. 

Edited by ihaveacamaro

Roshan, I watched a video of yours using a foam cannon, and it was one of many that convinced me to get one.  Funny thing is, I was a member of this forum, posted in many threads with you, but had no idea that was you in the video! lol.  I even showed my uncle-in-law the video because he wanted to see the "shaving cream thick foam" that I was describing!  Too funny!  Thanks for the videos.  Thats proof positive that they help people, and are very appreciated pal!

Thanks for the vid man. Good to check it out in action. A little too pricey when I'm just doing 2 cars tho.

Yeah as I said in the video, if you are just doing it for your cars, I don't think it's worth it.