Customer Service 866.965.0400

All Terrain/Mud Tires Suggestions

Natch02

Im looking at buying new shoes for my truck. I have been eyeing the Goodyear Duratrac 305/55/20. Just curious if anybody is running them? I dont really get in the mud, but want a All Terrain tire. Any suggestions. Its for sure they dont give these size tires away these days. Would like a pretty quiet tire. Thanks for any suggestions. They are going on a 2010 Ford F150 Crew

Im looking at buying new shoes for my truck. I have been eyeing the Goodyear Duratrac 305/55/20. Just curious if anybody is running them? I dont really get in the mud, but want a All Terrain tire. Any suggestions. Its for sure they dont give these size tires away these days. Would like a pretty quiet tire. Thanks for any suggestions. They are going on a 2010 Ford F150 Crew

No first-hand experience with them, yet, since I currently run BFG A/T KOs on my truck.  I have a friend running them on his F150 Crew, however, and he is VERY happy with them.  Most of his miles on on-road, but Duratracs are wearing well and provide great traction & handling in all-seasons.  Based on his experience, I will likely give them a try when my BFGs are ready for replacement.

One of the best AT tires  IMO is the Toyo AT 2. They have really god wet and dry traction, they do pretty decent in the mud, and they last forever

If you really don't do much off roadingI would avoid an off road tire, they are loud and they wear too fast. 

Nitto Terra Grapplers here... love them and MADE IN THE USA :patriot:

Very limited road noise, excellent wet and snow traction, and what little 'dirt play' my truck has gotten they don't seem to mind one bit. I'd definitely buy these tires again in a heart beat. 

file_zps8c094b62.jpg

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I've had BFGs A/Ts on my old CJ and they lasted a while, but that was almost 20 years ago!  The CJ is also a light vehicle.  I had them on my 2500 GMC 6 years ago and blew threw them in 10k miles.  Won't put them on a full-sized truck again, and wouldn't recommend them for the price.  20 years later, there are other, better options.

I then had two sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers and they were fantastic.  Still have the one set and put them on the work truck.  We've had the Nittos on numberous trucks, from 285's to 37"s.  Tough to beat for the price.

I have never had a set of Toyos, but know people with them and have heard nothing but good reviews.