Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Wow.  I already had an incredible amount of respect and love for the Adam's team and company as a whole but after watching the new videos it just got kicked up even more.

No BS, no propaganda, not chocked full of baseless hype like you see with a lot of companies.  You guys got down to earth with the products and explanations.  I saw the haze after the white MF pad in the video and didn't expect Adam to actually say that wasn't perfect.  He came right out and said it and went back and corrected with Foam to get it perfect. You both did an excellent job explaining the methods to what needed to be done to have the car come out perfect.

Again, great job guys on all fronts here.  Very impressed with the new line up.

Edited by ForceofWill

I'm at work and can't watch it yet, but I can't wait to.  I actually watch them multiple times, and always learn more.  Both Dylan and Adam are naturals on camera too.  Effortless and obviously passionate about their craft.  You can't fake that, they are obviously doing exactly what they should be doing in life.

for some reason on the Chapter 10 video at 4.45, my picture locks up but sound continues.  Anyone else have this issue?

Happened to me too, already let Dylan know about it.

Great videos..as always.  I also had the same issue with Chapter 10 for what it's worth.  Watching it inline in the forum it just froze and wouldn't load and trying it on youtube got to a point where the video stopped and the audio went on.

Are you discontinuing foam pads? 

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered. 

Once I read this I went to order another green pad just because I literally have a full bottle of SSR that I just got with my kit...and they're already off the site? ARGH! 

As far as I know there wasn't a lot of green pads or old product left, as they stopped being produced/stocked once the wheels were in motion for the new system. What little there may be left could end up on clearance, or check with your local dealer as I'm sure they would still have some.

Once I read this I went to order another green pad just because I literally have a full bottle of SSR that I just got with my kit...and they're already off the site? ARGH!

Check dealers like Thompson racing or Grabiak. They may have some left.

The videos show polishing in the best of conditions- inside without any natural light from sun. How is the workability of the polish in less than perfect conditions? We all don't have a garage to polish our cars.