Customer Service 866.965.0400

looks like condensation on door panels

TAP135

Question

Hi,

Hopefully someone can give me some idea as to what's happening.

I cleaned the interior of my truck with the Leather and Interior cleaner. Which includes the front back doors panels and the dash. After a really big rain storm I got in my truck to go out and noticed that the dash and all the door panels had what looked like stains on them. upon closer inpsection it actually looked like I had left the windows open and the rain got everything all wet. BUT nothing was actually wet it only lookedlike it was wet. The next day when it was dry out everything looked fine. But when it get really damp out the stains come back. I first thought that I did not cover the applied areas well enough so I was planning on getting back out and redo the interior but I've not had the chance.

Any ideas? I love the Adams products but I am very dissapointed if the cause is the interior cleaner. I just placed another order and this time I got the new interior detailer kit.

any idea will be appreciated.

thanks

9 answers to this question

The Leather and Interior Cleaner is such a strong, safe product, I love it!  Full strength for extremely neglected interiors, and 50/50 for not so bad interiors and Maintenance.  However, there is one step I dislike about the process, and one that you may have forgotten.  You always have to go over everything you cleaned with it with a damp cloth.  If the interior was really bad, I suggest rinsing out the towel every panel or so, because it will pick-up alot of dirt and grime.  There have been a bunch of folks who forgot the damp rag wipe down step, and this is what they say usually happens.

New truck so the interior is clean.

So your saying that I have to use the Leather and Interior Cleaner and then wipe it down with a damp cloth?

I was not aware that I had to use the condiotioner afterwards. Glad I got the Total cleaner and dressing so it can be a one step, I hope??

Now would i have to wipe down with a damp cloth after using the total interior cleaner and dressing?

Edited by TAP135

New truck so the interior is clean.

So your saying that I have to use the Leather and Interior Cleaner and then wipe it down with a damp cloth?  You don't HAVE to use it :), but if you do you should follow up with a damp rag, yes. 

I was not aware that I had to use the condiotioner afterwards. You don't HAVe to follow up with the Conditioner, but it's to definately a good idea to condition and protect your interior surfaces.  Glad I got the Total cleaner and dressing so it can be a one step, I hope??  Yes, the TID is a one step clean & protect.  It has a flatter finish than the Conditioner. 

Now would i have to wipe down with a damp cloth after using the total interior cleaner and dressing? Nope.

Looks like the guys got you squared away... 

Full strength LIC probably wasn't the right choice for a brand new interior since there wasn't significant enough 'dirt' to justify it, but its not like you harmed anything. 

Since its purely cleaner and has no dressing/protecting properties it has to be followed with something else. Either the TID or Leather Conditioner. The videos are really helpful for illustrating the proper use... check out the one on this page:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-131-adams-leather-interior-cleaner.aspx

Hi,

Hopefully someone can give me some idea as to what's happening.

I cleaned the interior of my truck with the Leather and Interior cleaner. Which includes the front back doors panels and the dash. After a really big rain storm I got in my truck to go out and noticed that the dash and all the door panels had what looked like stains on them. upon closer inpsection it actually looked like I had left the windows open and the rain got everything all wet. BUT nothing was actually wet it only lookedlike it was wet. The next day when it was dry out everything looked fine. But when it get really damp out the stains come back. I first thought that I did not cover the applied areas well enough so I was planning on getting back out and redo the interior but I've not had the chance.

Any ideas? I love the Adams products but I am very dissapointed if the cause is the interior cleaner. I just placed another order and this time I got the new interior detailer kit.

any idea will be appreciated.

Reedit here, after reading above posts was not on the right track, don't know. Have to read directions for each application, many different products, each for a certain thing.

Edited by Rich B.