Customer Service 866.965.0400

Idea for Americana Jars

I was thinking about ways to prevent the wax pour from spinning in the container, since that is something many people have complained about.

• A faceted yet still somewhat round container, like an octagon. The shape would not only prevent the wax from spinning inside the jar, but the lid would be much easier to unscrew.
  • Keep the round container, but have an interior protrusion (perhaps similar to the bottom fins on the grit guard) that would hold the wax in place. Obviously they could only be about 1/4" high off the bottom of the jar at most so not to interfere with the applicator. The only real inconvenience would be when the container gets down to its last 5 or 6 coats worth of wax left, but by then the wax has likely cracked into pieces anyway.
  • Or a hybrid of both, round container, octagon inner walls.
Anybody else have some ideas?

All they have to do is incorporate the design used in the Patriot design... its exactly what you've suggested here Gerry   :)

A couple protrusions 180 degrees apart at the bottom of the pot will solve the issue so long as the product doesnt crack or split.  I have turned my back on refrigerating my waxes, including my two patriots, because my Americana cracked in the refrigerator.  If anyone has suggestions or reasoning as to why mine cracked and how I can prevent that I'd love to hear it.  I want to increase longevity just as much as everyone else.  I do not want fissures throughout my wax however

Edited by IrishCurse

^^ Agreed, my Americana stays in a cool 65 degree basement bar shelf, I don't refrigerate it as I don't want it to crack. I think the safest way to improve the spinning wax phenomenon would be to re-shape the container. Adding intrusions in the base could cause it to crack more easily as you turn the applicator on the on the wax

I don't get why anyone cares that it spins?

It's nice because if you want to do machine application, you can just pop it out of the container, rub a little on the pad, and go to town.

I'd rather it spin and be able to be taken out of the container than not move and stick in the container.

I don't get why anyone cares that it spins?

It's nice because if you want to do machine application, you can just pop it out of the container, rub a little on the pad, and go to town.

I'd rather it spin and be able to be taken out of the container than not move and stick in the container.

If its spinning inside the container, the applicator doesn't always get an even coat of wax. Which in turn will not spread the wax across the vehicle evenly, then only make it harder to clean the applicator once you're finished

If its spinning inside the container, the applicator doesn't always get an even coat of wax. Which in turn will not spread the wax across the vehicle evenly, then only make it harder to clean the applicator once you're finished

The applicator does not need an even coat to give an even coat to the car. For example, if you use a soft style wax, if you get an "even" coat on the applicator, you are probably overloading the applicator and using way too much. In those situations, you will prefer to only grab wax on one third of the applicator. Yet you can still put an even coat of wax on the car.

Now I realize that is not Americana, but in reality, the same concept applies. All you need to is watch where the layer of wax is going and you can make an even coat. 

Edited by ihaveacamaro