Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Microfiber Pads

liquidred

Question

7 answers to this question

Use the pad conditioning brush to break up any loose polish, give the face of the pad a few sprays with Microfiber Revitalizer, agitate, and wash with warm water - separate from all your other items, even your MF towels. Air dry, avoid fabric softener.

More information in the first post here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/23891-new-2-step-paint-correction-system-discussion/

I just toss it in the washer with my other MF towels. Dylan will advocate just tossing in your pads by itself, but I've never had an issue with mixing it in with normal towels with 3 different versions of MF pads 

I listen to the man.  I know different grades of microfiber wash differently and can cross contaminate at times.  I have high efficiency washer/dryer combo and time on the weekend, I'm not willing to take the chance with my pads, or my collection of single, double softs, and other Adams micros.  I know people that wash as Roshan does without much incident, and Roshan is a trusted info source, I'm just OCD.  Dylan is trusted By Adam as evidenced by how involved he is with the operation of the company, his position, the videos, product development, etc.  I follow his product use demonstrations, tool/pad cleaning methods, the infamous pad priming with detail spray methodology, quick sealing fogging, etc.  There is reasoning backed by testing for all of these methodologies, make no mistake.  Just my $.02

I wash the new Microfiber pads exactly like I do the foam pads.

Rinse out the old product with clear water.

Spray with APC and let sit for five minutes or so.

Agitate by hand.

Rinse.

Sit in a dish strainer to dry.

I did have an orange one that had a bit of the PCP left, sort of balled up, on the outside face of the pad. That one I let soak for an hour or so in a bucket of warm water with a bit of Microfiber Revitelizer. Again, same as I do with overly dirty foam pads.

Edited by BRZN

I listen to the man.  I know different grades of microfiber wash differently and can cross contaminate at times.  I have high efficiency washer/dryer combo and time on the weekend, I'm not willing to take the chance with my pads, or my collection of single, double softs, and other Adams micros.  I know people that wash as Roshan does without much incident, and Roshan is a trusted info source, I'm just OCD.  Dylan is trusted By Adam as evidenced by how involved he is with the operation of the company, his position, the videos, product development, etc.  I follow his product use demonstrations, tool/pad cleaning methods, the infamous pad priming with detail spray methodology, quick sealing fogging, etc.  There is reasoning backed by testing for all of these methodologies, make no mistake.  Just my $.02

I agree, if you want to go safe, follow Dylan's advice. But I was just throwing out my experience out there too :)