Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone have experience with General Grabbers???

JBlack151

I've asked this elsewhere but figured I should ask here as well since you're all my family. :grouphug: 

I've decided to spare my American Force forged aluminum wheels and purchase a set of 20x10 matte black Method Racing Standard wheels. I was going to run another set of Toyo Open Country MTs again but really want to try something else. So I've been reading some things on the General Grabbers and how low the road noise is. But I can't really find anything good about how they wear.

I'll be running a 35x12.5 tire and I need something that will be good in the snow while pulling a snowmobile trailer in all kinds of conditions that we get to enjoy here in the Northeast.

Here is a shot of the tires, and actually the wheels I'm going to run, but mine will be a little larger. 

Anyone have any experience with these???

General-Grabber_zps5a2bc5fa.jpg

I was really thinking about these some day but they don't make them in the size I am looking for. Toyo mts are obviously very nice and hard to beat but that is the only mt I have experience with. How come your getting rid of the af's those are pretty much the best truck wheels out!

they wont be that good in the snow due to the lack of siping and the large tread blocks.  heck my toyo m/ts sucked in the snow.  if you need something for snow and want a good aggressive tread pattern look into the goodyear duratrac - 325/60r20

I'm not getting rid of the American Force set up. I love them too much to do such a thing! I'm just picking up an additional winter set up to keep the AF's looking good for the warmer months.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check those Duratracs out. I think the guy who does the work on my truck is running those on his supercharged Suburban.

Edited by JBlack151

I have the Nitto terra grapplers on my truck and use them all year round. They are perfect for me. Aggressive enough look and low to no noise when rolling. Haven't had them in snow yet but from what I've read they should do great. The tires look much better in person than in pics. Also the toyo at II's have a nice new tread design similar to the nitto's. they may even have your size in the Xreme tread design which is a bit more aggressive looking but still not an MT. More of a hybrid between an MT and AT tire

post-7265-0-78635400-1375553732_thumb.jpg

Edited by frank20

I have the Nitto terra grapplers on my truck and use them all year round. They are perfect for me. Aggressive enough look and low to no noise when rolling. Haven't had them in snow yet but from what I've read they should do great. The tires look much better in person than in pics. Also the toyo at II's have a nice new tread design similar to the nitto's. they may even have your size in the Xreme tread design which is a bit more aggressive looking but still not an MT. More of a hybrid between an MT and AT tire

my boss the terra grapplers as well on his dodge ram and really liked them. i think he got about 26k on them before he traded it in. they were still looking good.

Edited by dabirdzR/T

If you're looking for a nice all terrain-check out the cooper discoverer atp, a new tire exclusively through discount tire. Installed them On my 07 dodge ram 1500 last year and love them. Nice aggressive look, no road noise, and do great in snow. Was out playing in 4-6" of snow last winter and didn't even need 4wd once. Was amazed how well they handled in snow. Was dead set on the terra grapplers, but the discount tire tech showed me the new coopers and said they should do better than the terra graps in snow and ice, they also have a 55k tread warranty I believe

I can't see that tire being good in the snow, ice, or rain.  You want some sipes in the tread for good everyday driving.  

Cool looking however!  

If it's ONLY for winter, look at some Blizzak truck tires.  They're UNSTOPPABLE in the snow and ice. 

they wont be that good in the snow due to the lack of siping and the large tread blocks.  heck my toyo m/ts sucked in the snow.  if you need something for snow and want a good aggressive tread pattern look into the goodyear duratrac - 325/60r20

I agree......The pattern is not the best too. 

Had them on my cherokee when I first got it (only drive off road), they didn't do bad in the snow wouldn't use them on my daily driver. I've heard they wear pretty decent, fairly hard compound. I traded mine for some nitto mud terrains. Little bit of a small tire company but I have hercules terra trac a/t on my silverado and they are pretty solid in snow and a little bit of mud.

they wont be that good in the snow due to the lack of siping and the large tread blocks.  heck my toyo m/ts sucked in the snow.  

Pretty sure you can get almost every tire, if not every tire siped now days.  I know last time I purchased tires they offered it for an additional charge.  You can even get your current tires siped if you would like.

http://www.lesschwab.com/road_cam.html

Pretty sure you can get almost every tire, if not every tire siped now days.  I know last time I purchased tires they offered it for an additional charge.  You can even get your current tires siped if you would like.

http://www.lesschwab.com/road_cam.html

i know this - but not everyone has the time, the place or the money to do this.  

thats why i have lockers front and rear!!

Have you looked into a Michelin?

LTX M/S? I have the original LTX A/T on my S-10 Blazer with over 130,000KM on them right now. 2 of the 4 still have decent tread, but are being replaced due to cracking on the inside sidewall.

We have the M/S on my wife's Tahoe, and I plan on putting a set on her winter rims for the same truck.

I have heard bad things about the A/T2's. So I do not recommend them. Mainly wear and belt shifting.

I had them and they were OK ......... On a scale of 1-10 I would rate them a 8.

This week I just put four Grabber HTS tires on my Ford Ranger and I like them so far....... Price was excellent along with a $70 factory rebate from General that made it the lowest all season tire I could buy.

I am a huge fan of Michelin tires, but on a truck that has 165K on it I did not want to spend the extra money on a weekend driver.