Customer Service 866.965.0400

how often do you wax?

meltd0wn

Question

Hi guys

i was just wondering how often you wax?  I do a lot of travelling in my car and i try to wash at least once a week to keep it shining.  My problem is am i washing off the wax bit by bit? and should i be waxing say every 6 or so washes?

Keep it clean :)

Damo

15 answers to this question

It all depends on the product you're using, how much you wash, how much it sits outside and the temp in which it sits in. With BW you could get away with waxing every 1-2 months, but Americana may last you double that.  AQS and MSS on the other hand last up to and sometime beyond the 6 month mark.  

I do it as I see fit.  I don't have any set time, but I DO usually make sure my vehicles have a good fresh application of AQS before winter hits.  

I did my RAM at the beginning of July when I got it.  2 coats of AQS.  Last night I washed it and it was beading like a boss.   I know full well it may be the last time I get a chance to put a LSP on it, so I hit it with another app of AQS.  

My truck sits out all day across from a concrete plant and the front gets hammered with bugs so I want more protection than the average person.

AQS is my go to product.  Quick, easy, and man does it last! 

post-6310-0-85247800-1380670204_thumb.jpgI full wash or waterless wash and detail spray my car every day unless it’s raining or snowing at the time. My 2012 CTS SW was new in Feb 2012 and since that date I have done a complete Adams Flex machine polish, seal, glaze and Americana wax six times and have used Buttery Wax in between those 4 times. Just this past weekend I used the new two step paint correction polish for the first time and of course followed it up machine sealer, brilliant glaze and Americana.....I like the results....

Tom

It all depends on the product you're using, how much you wash, how much it sits outside and the temp in which it sits in. With BW you could get away with waxing every 1-2 months, but Americana may last you double that.  AQS and MSS on the other hand last up to and sometime beyond the 6 month mark.  

I do it as I see fit.  I don't have any set time, but I DO usually make sure my vehicles have a good fresh application of AQS before winter hits.  

I did my RAM at the beginning of July when I got it.  2 coats of AQS.  Last night I washed it and it was beading like a boss.   I know full well it may be the last time I get a chance to put a LSP on it, so I hit it with another app of AQS.  

My truck sits out all day across from a concrete plant and the front gets hammered with bugs so I want more protection than the average person.

AQS is my go to product.  Quick, easy, and man does it last! 

^^^^ What he said.. 

I wax every 3 months. Usually by that time the beading is starting to stop. However due to my car being outside 24/7 (apartment living, yuck) and the crazy Louisiana weather and bugs, I usually apply a extra coat to the front end of the car and leading edges for extra protection from mosquitoes, love bogs, Jamacian-Cuban super beetles, Sasquatch etc..

I wash and wax once per-week. My car is a daily driver that is garage kept but I do drive a lot of highway miles through the week so I get a lot of bugs stuck to my bumper and windshield. It gets so bad during the summer than I give my car a quick spray detailing after I get off the highway.

I wash and wax once per-week. My car is a daily driver that is garage kept but I do drive a lot of highway miles through the week so I get a lot of bugs stuck to my bumper and windshield. It gets so bad during the summer than I give my car a quick spray detailing after I get off the highway.

I wash mine weekly whenever the weather permits but, assuming you're using a good quality sealant and/or carnuba wax, waxing that often seems like overkill.  With Americana over MSS, I generally do that only 2-3 times per year.

Edited by Norton

I wash mine weekly whenever the weather permits but, assuming you're using a good quality sealant and/or carnuba wax, waxing that often seems like overkill.  With Americana over MSS, I generally do that only 2-3 times per year.

I am using the buttery wax along with the spray sealer. I'll probably get a buffer and try the machine sealant and see how that works. I'll probably treat myself though during the holidays to the carnuba wax though!

I use the 2 step system with my cyclo on my truck twice a year and just maintain with detail spray. it shines and beads like crazy! maybe every other month i will use buttery wax or black light. on my other car that has 9000 miles after 5 months i did a full buttery wax then coated it with sonax polymer net shield. now when i wash it, it just looks awesome after applying that stuff! 

I use the 2 step system with my cyclo on my truck twice a year and just maintain with detail spray. it shines and beads like crazy! maybe every other month i will use buttery wax or black light. on my other car that has 9000 miles after 5 months i did a full buttery wax then coated it with sonax polymer net shield. now when i wash it, it just looks awesome after applying that stuff! 

You shouldn't be using any wax underneath of Netshield - you're robbing yourself of durability.  Netshield THEN wax is the way to go.