Customer Service 866.965.0400

cleaning your microfiber towels?

alenv10

Question

10 answers to this question

NO FABRIC SOFTENER!  And DO NOT WASH THEM WITH non-MF TOWELS!  You can put them in the dryer at low heat, but clean the lint trap well and make sure there are no dryer sheets still in there.

I have lots of towels, so I only have to do them every few months.  I use a washing machine cleaner (I know, you have to clean the machine that is supposed to make things clean!) to get all the residue out of the tub.

If your towels are pretty heavy with product you might want to boil them with a bit of Dawn to get all the product out.  Otherwise, I just throw like towels into the washer on hot water with some liquid Tide, then a second round with Revitalizer, and then an extra rinse, and then into the dryer on low heat. NO fabric softener or fabric softener sheets.  And ONLY liquid detergent. 

Let it soak longer. I used all my towels and most my apps today doing a detail job. Everything is sitting in two five gallon buckets with about 4 oz of APC each overnight. They'll get pre-treated for spots tomorrow with Dawn and then ran through the washer. I have a newer HE washer and use the MF Revitalizer as a detergent with an extra rinse.

Let it soak longer. I used all my towels and most my apps today doing a detail job. Everything is sitting in two five gallon buckets with about 4 oz of APC each overnight. They'll get pre-treated for spots tomorrow with Dawn and then ran through the washer. I have a newer HE washer and use the MF Revitalizer as a detergent with an extra rinse.

Thanks i didnt think to leave them sitting in the water that long, will try this

Out of curiosity, anybody use the steam setting in the wash?

No but my main reasoning is because of how it works in my dryer. In mine it just sprays a little bit of water on the clothes and dries them like normal. At least that is all that I see going on and could be completely misguided on this.