Customer Service 866.965.0400

gallon seals

just got my gallon of glass cleaner. the new design is nice. however i did not like the foil seal. i much prefer the caplugs. they arent easy to get out sometimes but much easier than foil. i abhor foil seals. but very minor complaint. just giving feedback. i had to buy another milk crate today for my adams products. youre doing something right.

Dang, I didnt realize they had gotten rid of the red plugs.  That is the only thing that truly seals the product up and keeps it fresh and airtight.  I actually have some gallons where the cap stripped out and I have nothing but the red plugs in...

I will make myself a reminder to keep the ones I have to use in any new gallons I purchase. 

Edited by camaro2ssblack

I liked the red plug seals a lot and definitely didn't understand all the fuss. However, I can see from a bottling efficientcy perspective, they are an additional and unecessary step. The adhesive style seals (non-fused) can typically be applied in the one step as they are often available as part of the cap with the adhesive side facing down. Slap the cap on, tighten, and instant seal; all in one step. When the bottle reaches the end-user, the end-user removes the cap and the seal is still on the bottle requiring he/she to peal it off.

The foil seals are breathable, since Adam's bottles products at a mile above sea level, when the bottles reach your doorstep, the change in pressure normally deformed the bottle. They're also there to provide rock-solid evidence that your bottle has not been tampered with since it left the HQ. I also like the red plugs and I use them in my polish and wax bottles when they are stored unused for lengths of time. The foil seals are more for integrity during shipping.

FYI there should be a part number and a manufacturer name stamped on your plugs if you want more  :thumbsup:

The foil seals are breathable, since Adam's bottles products at a mile above sea level, when the bottles reach your doorstep, the change in pressure normally deformed the bottle. They're also there to provide rock-solid evidence that your bottle has not been tampered with since it left the HQ. I also like the red plugs and I use them in my polish and wax bottles when they are stored unused for lengths of time. The foil seals are more for integrity during shipping.

FYI there should be a part number and a manufacturer name stamped on your plugs if you want more  :thumbsup:

Every now and then I would have a little indent in my bottle, but that's no big deal to me.  As far as being tampered with, meh, I'm not ingesting it like a food product so that doesn't add any value to me.  The red plugs where just an extra step that added to the "premium" brand IMO, everyone does the annoying foil seals.  Just my opinion Gerry, thanks for the input though!

We are transitioning to breathable foil heat seals to reduce the amount of damage/leakage in transit.

Because we bottle at 1 mile plus above sea level the product will see some pretty dramatic pressure changes. These changes result in stressed bottles that can crack or leak pretty easily.

The seal we are using now is breathable, meaning it lets air in/out but not liquid. This decreases the chances you'll get a soggy box or damaged bottle. The red cap plugs, while effective do not breathe. A bottle of product shipped for CO to sea level can easily deform so much from the pressure change that it bursts at the seams.

All things done in the name of reducing your chances of being bummed out by an order that arrives less than perfect.

ding the light goes on now it makes sense why my bottles are sometimes a bit deformed.  its a long haul from CO to CT.

i will miss the cap plugs but should have enough to hold me over.  Good move with the foil...

• 5 months later...

The Model number for the 16-32oz Caplug is NAS834-75 10   (looks like a T-series plug)

Can anyone send me the model number for the Gallon plugs?  I would like to purchase more of them as all of my gallons came with the aluminum breathable seals?

The Model number for the 16-32oz Caplug is NAS834-75 10   (looks like a T-series plug)

Can anyone send me the model number for the Gallon plugs?  I would like to purchase more of them as all of my gallons came with the aluminum breathable seals?

This is the number on the cap that I have. NAS834-117  But it does not show much in a search for the exact one. There is also a 14X stamped under the number and from what I could find out it is a "T" series cap and this might be the one but I am not completely sure.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/11130272;jsessionid=JzZTTvKf5KTCy2bt4QRnzcQnwnGxtf5cPnHv9FvSkT1f56kJJs2s!-1179070593!637356616?isPunchout=false

More info: https://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0010360

http://www.1stchoiceindustrial.com/detail.cfm?item=CAPLUG%20%2314X%20RED

Edited by BluedogGMC

This is the number on the cap that I have. NAS834-117  But it does not show much in a search for the exact one. There is also a 14X stamped under the number and from what I could find out it is a "T" series cap and this might be the one but I am not completely sure.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/11130272;jsessionid=JzZTTvKf5KTCy2bt4QRnzcQnwnGxtf5cPnHv9FvSkT1f56kJJs2s!-1179070593!637356616?isPunchout=false

More info: https://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0010360

http://www.1stchoiceindustrial.com/detail.cfm?item=CAPLUG%20%2314X%20RED

Thank you Ron for the info.