Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you get the white salt stains out of the carpet??

ONEFASTURBO

Question

Because of the long hard winter, I have numerous white salt stains on my front carpets. The carpets are covered with rubber mats, but that salt still gets in!   Have used the Adams carpet and Upholstery clearner with brush, but after it dries, the stains is still there.   Any recommendations?!?  Thanks

8 answers to this question

I use warm water and baking soda and a rag. Mix the baking soda and water well, soak your rag with it, and wet the area with the mixture. Let it sit for a bit but don't let it dry.  Then use a dry rag and push down on it till it's fairly dry, then use a clean cloth wet with warm water, and repeat.  It'll take the stuff out.

If you have dirt, then you'll have to use a carpet cleaning solution. The baking soda is just for the salt.

I use my Bissell Pro Heat with C&UC and it does a great job!

I usually do a winter interior writeup on the forums once it starts to warm up.

I'll post a link when I do it this year... Mine is pretty bad this year. I have salt residue all over my seatbelt. 

I Pre-Treat with carpet and Upholstery cleaner and some all purpose cleaner if needed. Then agitate  with my PC with a brush attachment.  Next I use my extractor and steam cleaner.