Customer Service 866.965.0400

Would you do waterless or rinseless for this

Z06Seal

Question

I just got the products. so I want to get a feel for both. I wanted to start off with doing waterless. I *think* this would be waterless worthy, but I wanted to ask here. you can rub the dirt off with your finger.

Here are two pictures to help you determine :)

I think the pictures are sideways... sorry about that, not sure why. they look upright on my phone LOL

post-3664-0-05099100-1394648926_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-75803100-1394648961_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

If you think it's "too much" for WW, then it probably is.

Always best to err on the side of caution, or you can be making more work for yourself in the form of swirls/scratches.

That is...unless you want a lot of practice with a machine polisher.  If that's the case, then I'd just wipe that down with a dry paper towel and go from there.   :)

It really doesn't feel like alot of dirt, looks more like road dust. wipes off with the hand. 

I'm gonna do one of the dirtier panels with waterless, see how it turns out. I guess I have to find out for myself the threshold. I shall be back. 

waterless will be pointless for me if it's just for dust. a single drive to work & back would create more than dust. lol

I do have the detail spray, so I will use that before I wipe it down. 

Rinseless definitely.  Looks like you drove through some puddles on the way to work!

Honestly using Waterless for its intended purpose in my opinion is only able to be done on a complete sunny day, not in pollen season, not in drought/dusty season conditions, not on a rainy day or a day you're driving through puddles, etc.

See what I'm getting at?  The actual "Waterless Wash" concept is great for a guy who detailed his ride, and drove 20 mins to park at the car show for the day.  Then feel free to go out and use the Waterless Wash.

for most of us who drive to work and back on less than ideal conditions, you're bound to get more than a light dusting in a day's commute.  For how quick and easy regular Rinseless washing is, it would be silly to risk scratches and such (not to mention soiling the hell out of your towels) with the Waterless wiping.  Just throw 2 oz. in 4 gallons of water and get a Rinseless wash done in 45 mins or less.  If the car isn't heavily soiled its even quicker and easier.

And again, 1:16 Rinseless makes an equivalent or better Waterless Wash product as many of the Adam's members have chimed in to tell us, and that I have experienced firsthand.

Well... I know I know... I posted asking for opinions from the pros on which to use and was told this is rinseless. I tried waterless anyways. lol

It came out great, there are no swirl marks and I would say it was borderline. the back of the car was the dirtiest, and probably needed rinseless. everything else was no problem for waterless. 

Next time, I will do rinseless and see how that works out. It did take a little longer than I thought. I did the wheels too though. Cool thing with the volt is that you barely use the brakes, so there was practically no brake dust on them. lol

And again, 1:16 Rinseless makes an equivalent or better Waterless Wash product as many of the Adam's members have chimed in to tell us, and that I have experienced firsthand.

Whatcya mean? as in 1:16 ratio for waterless? (32 oz water + 2 oz solution) that's what I did :)

Also, I used the quick detail spray. I used 1/4 or so of the bottle on this little volt. perhaps too much spray... lol

Well... I know I know... I posted asking for opinions from the pros on which to use and was told this is rinseless. I tried waterless anyways. lol

It came out great, there are no swirl marks and I would say it was borderline. the back of the car was the dirtiest, and probably needed rinseless. everything else was no problem for waterless. 

Next time, I will do rinseless and see how that works out. It did take a little longer than I thought. I did the wheels too though. Cool thing with the volt is that you barely use the brakes, so there was practically no brake dust on them. lol

True.  But the back of the car just takes a pounding from dirt.  You will need to clay the back more often.  I just did mine Monday!

Edited by Tim

True.  But the back of the car just takes a pounding from dirt.  You will need to clay the back more often.  I just did mine Monday!

Ah yes, the car needs claying for sure. Next stuff I need to buy from adams. and like 10 gallons of quick detail. I go through that stuff. lol

if that was my car I would have stopped by the car wash and tried to knock some of the dirt off of the car with a hand rinse in one of the bays.  Then I would have used Rinseless.

You can dilute Rinseless to make a better Waterless.  Waterless is already diluted.   I thought i saw where you mentioned diluting the Waterlesss, but that might have just been poor reading by me. 

You could add a little rinseless to the waterless to BOOST it some.  Just a thought.  

WOAH! Never would have even thought about doing this!

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

I actually added a little Rinseless to a bucket of Shampoo a few weeks ago!

Edited by Kingsford

You guys cringed when I wiped one finger on the little bit of dirt?

Perhaps your level and my level of cringing are way different. :)

I'm gonna go to my car and wipe my finger on a dirty spot now.

everyone is different I guess. wiping my finger to show you guys level of slight dirt is no issue to me on my daily driver. to each their own. 

It is not that you get dirt on your finger, it is that you very likely scratched the clear coat on your car that you are working so hard to eliminate.   Once you work with your car a little bit you realize how easy it is to scratch them. 

It is not that you get dirt on your finger, it is that you very likely scratched the clear coat on your car that you are working so hard to eliminate.   Once you work with your car a little bit you realize how easy it is to scratch them. 

no it wasn't the dirt on my finger lol. I figured I know what you guys are referring to :)