Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liquid sealant machine vs hand

Z06Seal

Question

Curious if one is to put the liquid sealant by hand would get less protection if they had used a machine instead. Perhaps the speed of buffing with hand vs a much faster machine makes a difference. 

or is machine's only advantage is that you don't work as hard?

I'm thinking about getting the quick sealant, but if I apply both by hand, I don't see why I wouldn't just use the liquid sealant instead.

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

liquid sealant will give you longer protection than quick sealant and i think you get more applications out of paint sealant.  As for machine vs hand, machine is just faster.  When you put the sealant on by machine, low speed with no pressure, pretty much the weight of the machine is the only pressure needed.  Putting on by hand, no difference in protection.

Also, I assume you are talking about the new paint sealant and not the older version, machine super sealant b/c this you pretty much have to apply by machine to get an even spread.

Great advice Jeff!  Indeed, you will only get a bit more coverage by machine, as the exact same protection is applied consistently across a panel with a foam pad, vs. a hand applicator.    Either way, the Liquid Paint Sealant is our #1 Protection, followed closely by the Quick Sealant.

Thanks for your question Emir!

Sorry to thread jack, but since we are talking about the new Liquid Paint sealant....how does that compare to the Machine Super Sealant??

I have been thinking about getting a bottle of the Liquid Paint Sealant, but now the $10 price tag of the Machine Super Sealant has me considering that one.

Scott, i'd jump on the sale of the machine super sealant but that's just me.  I believe it still offers the same amount of protection but the newer version is easier to apply and remove.  couple of disadvantages when compared to the new paint sealant but I can could deal with.

1. need to apply by machine

2. cure time is 24 hours before you can apply wax and you might have some hazing show up after 24 hours

3. might be other disadvantages but can't think of them

In my opinion the Liquid Paint Sealant is so much more user friendly. I think it goes on about the same as the Machine Super Sealant but the difference appears when you start to wipe it off. The Liquid Paint Sealant is way easier to wipe off. You do not have to really try to wipe it off. It just comes off.

It is also nice with the Liquid Paint Sealant that you do not have to wait as long to layer another product like Brilliant Glaze or Americana.

This part really just depends on the person. If you have a car that you can go a day or so without then Machine Super Sealant is alright but then again you need to remember that Machine Super Sealant is harder to wipe off.

Hope this helps!!!

Sorry to thread jack, but since we are talking about the new Liquid Paint sealant....how does that compare to the Machine Super Sealant??

I have been thinking about getting a bottle of the Liquid Paint Sealant, but now the $10 price tag of the Machine Super Sealant has me considering that one.

The new LPS offers better protection than the MSS & is easier to apply and remove.

In my opinion the Liquid Paint Sealant is so much more user friendly. I think it goes on about the same as the Machine Super Sealant but the difference appears when you start to wipe it off. The Liquid Paint Sealant is way easier to wipe off. You do not have to really try to wipe it off. It just comes off.

It is also nice with the Liquid Paint Sealant that you do not have to wait as long to layer another product like Brilliant Glaze or Americana.

This part really just depends on the person. If you have a car that you can go a day or so without then Machine Super Sealant is alright but then again you need to remember that Machine Super Sealant is harder to wipe off.

Hope this helps!!!

Going along with this new point in the threat...

If I have done a full face-melter and noticed that I missed a spot or two in the correction process (swirls or scratches), will a couple oz's of APC in the wash bucket ACTUALLY get ALL of the Americana, glaze and sealant (in that order) off the paint to "recorrect" without putting a "ton" of pressure on the wash mitt?  Or, do I need to attempt a different process?

The polish itself will remove wax on the surface, so between that, and initially stripping it with APC in your wash bucket, that should get you down to bare paint. You will be able to tell if it's stripped by how the rinse water stands on the surface - if it beads or sheets right off, it's still protected...if the water "sticks" flat to the surface, then you're bare. You can also clay the area to remove the protection prior to polishing.

I have never used machine super sealant but you can't beat the price. I do like the new liquid paint sealant. 

Sorry to hi-jack thread too, but simple question on Liquid Sealant by hand; which is the best applicator to use? Microfiber pad or the blue hex foam pad? Just want to start off on the best option. Thanks

Jim, although it's not designed to be used by hand, the Blue MF applicator is your tool there.  Make sure you thin the heck out of it.  

In my opinion, Quick Sealant outlasts even the LPS.  It's an amazing product.  Also, designed for hand purposes.