Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy from VT

awlazs

I have always enjoyed a nice clean shiny ride and don't mind putting the time into it.

I recently purchased a black 2014 silverado crew cab and I was directed here for tips on how to take care of it.

The pictures you guys are posting  are amazing. I would never believe a paint job would get the depth you guys are getting.

I am looking to make my first purchases what would you guys suggest I start out with.

The machine polishing scares me a bit. It looks easy to mess up. My wife thinks I am crazy because I am watching videos on how to clean a car.

Any tips or advise will be appreciated.

:welcome: Randy!

I am fairly new and haven't started polishing yet so can't really give you any advice there, but all of the Adams products  I have tried so far have been amazing!  The new rinseless wash is nice for these colder months (may have warmed up for you, but at least for me its still winter)

Its still cold here too. I wouldn't try to wash I am sure it would would freeze up and cause issues. I was just reading about using a foamer. All this time I thought it was the soap making spots.

I recently purchased a black 2014 silverado crew cab and I was directed here for tips on how to take care of it.

Welcome Randy and Congrats on the new truck!

The machine polishing scares me a bit. It looks easy to mess up. My wife thinks I am crazy because I am watching videos on how to clean a car.

Any tips or advise will be appreciated.

Using a machine with Adam's polishes and pads are very safe.  The Dual Action Random Orbital polishers will not let you burn your paint like the direct drive rotaries.  Watching the videos is the best place to start, but attending a detailing clinic allows you to get your hands on a machine and get expert advice too.  Check with a dealer in your area for their clinic schedule (Norm maybe?  

Norm's Detailing Contact: Norm Wood

Manchester, NH 03102

603-668-2305

woodnorman@comcast.net

And watch videos to see what results you want to achieve, and that can help you decide where you want to start.  Buying the largest kit you can afford is always the most 'bang for the buck', but you want to buy what you plan to use too.  You can call Adam's for advice or ask here.  

For a new truck should I have to correct the paint or just clay seal polish and wax?

You will likely have some paint correction even with a new vehicle. The dealer scratched up my headlights pretty good and my car was built in October and picked up by me end of November. I don't see too many scratches/swirls in my paint but silver hides it fairly well

Welcome to the forum.  You are starting off right watching the videos.  We were all nervous at one time but once you see the results you are glad that you took the leap of faith.

Welcome Randy, Spring is coming..........any minute now.........

That is a good sign for those in the midwest and east coast.  Out here in California we didn't even have a winter.  Although I'm not complaining as it gives me more time to tinker around with Adam's products :)

Edited by The Guz

Randy, I would definitely clay even though it's a new truck. You'd be surprised how many little particles of dirt that is there, that you don't see. If it were me I'd do a correction with just the paint finishing polish and the white pad. Now's the time to do it before you seal, glaze and wax. Otherwise if you change your mind you'll have to do a strip wash or isopropyl wipe down and start all over again. Good luck 

• 3 weeks later...