Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Over Paint Finishing Polish?

Goatluver

Question

14 answers to this question

Revive is a cleaner polish with no abrasives.  The only reason you would use Revive after PFP would be to remove the polishing oils.  I think it is a waste of time and product IMO.  

If you want to remove the polishing oils I'd use a dedicated surface prep or IPA wipedown, It would save a lot of time.

Edited by JHL88

Revive, while not totally necessary when machine polishing, is a great plaint cleanser, as the guys mentioned.

If you'll be going with a sealant after polishing, Revive is great.  It's my go-to product that get's sandwiched between Paint Finishing Polish and LPS/QS, if using a sealant.

If you will be going right to a glaze/wax combo, then skip the Revive step.

Does that take place of the Isopropyl wipedown ? or should I still do that after the revive? Also my car is new and I thought revive wasn't for new cars. I like the best of the best for my car so it doesn't matter how many steps it takes me to achieve that I just don't want to do any unexpected damage.

Revive can be used on new or old cars, it doesn't matter. If your car is dark-colored, you'll likely see some increased clarity by using Revive after polishing and before sealing/waxing. Isopropyl wipedowns will prep the surface for sealant/wax by removing any residual oil left behind from polishing. If you use Revive, you can still follow that with an Isopropyl wipedown. You won't be causing unexpected damage using these products.

Revive can be used on new or old cars, it doesn't matter. If your car is dark-colored, you'll likely see some increased clarity by using Revive after polishing and before sealing/waxing. Isopropyl wipedowns will prep the surface for sealant/wax by removing any residual oil left behind from polishing. If you use Revive, you can still follow that with an Isopropyl wipedown. You won't be causing unexpected damage using these products.

IPA ???? 70% or diluted ???

thanks