Customer Service 866.965.0400

Guess the power numbers, win some Adam's!!!

Blue17CamaroZL1

Question

So I'm going to offer up a contest for the members here.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get the Camaro dynoed for my actual power numbers. So I'm going to offer up a gift certificate of Adam's products of $15 for HP and $15 for TQ.

You can guess the HP number and TQ number. CLOSEST to the exact number without going over will win. AND YOU ONLY GET ONE HP GUESS AND ONE TQ GUESS!!!

If you can guess correctly, BOTH the HP and TQ numbers exactly, you'll win a $50 gift certificate from me, for Adam's Polishes.

This contest starts RIGHT NOW and goes till midnight tomorrow.

1276848_10151889357514804_600689878_o_zp

Well here is the situation.  I have the results.  I will shut this contest down at 9:00 EST tonight instead of midnight.

HOWEVER, the results are non-agreeable because I'll post my stock dyno sheet and my dyno from today and I cannot accept them as they are.  BUT I am a man of my word and what is written in black and white will be posted for winners tonight.

BUT do not fret for everyone else.  I'm going back to the same place I got my stock dyno readings for a more accurate dyno numbers and I will once again make the same offer up at that time (to whoever doesn't win today).

Plus, it helps the people who didn't win because you can make more educated guesses for the 2nd time around.

Edited by Blue10CamaroSS

So here are the results.

FIRST - Here are my stock numbers from ECS, 336 HP and 372 TQ:

860855_10151510943584804_1991625058_o_zp
861168_10151510944064804_855113695_o_zps

And now the reason of my disappointment.  Todays dyno numbers:
402 HP and 365 HP:
IMG_20140405_184415_998_zps9b696b33.jpg
IMG_20140405_184523_828_zpsd77fcfe9.jpg

The first dyno was stock with a K&N cold air intake.
The second dyno was with cam, headers, high flow cats, cat back exhaust, stall convertor and tune added.

So the reason of disappointment was only a 66 HP gain and 7 TQ loss, yup, you read that right, a loss!!!

As I said, I'm not accepting these numbers as is, HOWEVER, I will not take away from the winners.  

So a big congrats to:
HP winner guess of 400, dyno at 402 - ArmyAcadia09
TQ winner guess of 365, dyno at 365 - 2012srt8

from what i heard at the show today, the dyno I went on today, is notorious for dynoing under what would be expected.  Sometimes as much as 15%

So I'm gonna go back to where I originally dynoed for what I feel would be more accurate numbers.

Just curious what the timing table and fuel charts looked like your tuner used. Was he using HPT? Numbers are still low (assuming it's an automatic). My LS3 With CAI and Exaust only made 408/388 with no tune, picked up 17 straight across once tuned. Assuming you are CAI, Exhaust, LT's and cam those numbers seem crazy low if it's an L99 car.

Here is the entire list of mods done just so you all can understand where my frustration is:

L99 to LS3 Conversion:

LS3 VALLEY COVER

LS3 FRONT TIMING COVER

LS3 LIFTERS

LS3 LIFTER GUIDE

LS9 7 LAYER HEAD GASKET

LS3 HEAD BOLT KIT FOR 1 HEAD

LS EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET

LS3 INTAKE GASKET KIT

LS VALVE COVER GASKET 06 CORVETTE

LS TIMING CHAIN DAMPENER

Jannetty Racing 470 RWHP Cam Package

LS SERIES TRUNION UPGRADE

COMPLETE VALVE SPRING PACKAGE LS SERIES 

3 BOLT LS SERIES CUSTOM CAMSHAFT

LS3 HARD PUSHRODS

2010-11 CAMARO CRANK BOLT

LS 2 CAM SPROCKET BOLT

LS FRONT TIMING COVER GASKET

LS FRONT CRANK SEAL

LS 3 BOLT CAMSHAFT TIMING CHAIN GEAR

LS3 WATER PUMP GASKET

Dynatech Headers
LS3 Melling Pump
Torque Converter 2800 Stall
High-Flow Cats
K&N cold air intake
Tune
ZL1 Corsa Cat Back exhaust

The tune was done by Janetty Racing so I'm not sure what program they are using.

Edited by Blue10CamaroSS

Don't get too caught up with the numbers, Mustang Dynos are number killers if you are looking for big figures.

Also, as you mentioned, you need to do before/afters on the same dyno, and as close to the same atmospheric conditions as possible. Some of that can be software corrected, but removing as many variables as possible, and letting the modifications do the talking, is the ideal situation.

Spin the rollers on the original dyno, then get back to us. ;)