Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealant-Glaze-Wax-Glaze? but how i re-apply the wax?

ericR

Question

hi guys!

Haven't tried the glaze yet but after reading on the forum i cant help myself!

I actually have two questions though:

1- is the order in the post title correct? could i re-apply Brilliant glaze after ever wash? pleas say yes :D

2 - quick sealant lasts longer than wax right? but what if the wax needs re-applying after a few months, should i just put more on without claying? Otherwise I just don't get the reason for having quick sealant last that long if the wax is the weak link in the chain if you know what i mean. 

Can't wait to get my hands on that Glaze, gonna polish my black Audi and drenche it in that stuff :D

13 answers to this question

Hi again.

Yes to question #1. You've got that sequence right.

You're also correct on number #2. I use sealant on my car once or twice a year, and top with Americana every month or so. I don't use brilliant glaze (mine is a truck, and I'm not quite that obsessed with the shine). But if you're going to, us that I top of the wax and understand that it generally won't last as long as the wax.

I only clay as needed -- a car kept clean, sealed and waxed, and washed often may not needed claying very often at all.

BG is very short lived, it will only last for a few washes.  For that reason Adam's suggests applying BG then topping it with a wax to allow it to stay on the paint as long as possible.  But there is no reason you cannot apply BG after wash, it goes on and off very easily. (and Adam will apprecitate the extra business!) :)  

Thanks guys! It was the claying/waxing part i was most unsure about, guess once i clay i just have to put down a new layer of sealant!

Chris its a metallic black, so i need it to look super wet, because its cool :D

You do not need to clay when you are going to re-apply wax. Sealants last for 4-6 months depending on storage/driving conditions of your car. When you go to apply more wax a month or so later, claying would be unnecessary and it would also remove the sealant.

Since the longer-lasting product (sealant) is going on first, there is no "weak link" in your layers. 

Thanks guys! It was the claying/waxing part i was most unsure about, guess once i clay i just have to put down a new layer of sealant!

Chris its a metallic black, so i need it to look super wet, because its cool :D

That black metallic will really pop with the BG!

Im getting super excited!!

Btw, i have to wash the car at a different place than i will polish at, is it ok to wipe the car down with rinsless wash before starting after the drive over? It does contain a small portion of wax right which is bad i guess in this case? Not sure how to solve that otherwise!