Customer Service 866.965.0400

Storage Totes / Containers for Gallon Jugs

Kingsford

Question

So a few weeks ago I decided to look for some storage options for my gallon jugs to take up less space. Found a solution I was pretty happy with to stack them in a corner in the basement. 

Oh and they are MADE IN THE USA!  :patriot:

Paid $50 for 4 crates.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage/crates?productId=10005526

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

I have them stacked 4 high with the jugs with the pumps on top. These are just some pics showing how you can get 4 Gallons into 1 crate.

16 answers to this question

Stack em two high! Mine were taking up too much room on the floor and were hard to get to. There wasn't enough room for a shelf where I keep my stuff so I came up with this.

So I've been using a lot of my storage with milk crates, yes they still make them. They are great to carry things in as well as stackable. It's nothing nice, but if you need the extra room head out to the grocery store. Just ask the manager or someone in the back they have thousands of them they usually just collect dust.

The problem I ran into Matt was every Milk Crate that I found was too short and could only fit 2 or 3 jugs which means I couldn't stack them and they didn't serve much purpose. Thats why I had to buy the extra large ones like this.

Edited by Kingsford

Here is proof that 4 gallon containers will fit in a standard size milk crate (12" X 12") with room for a 16 oz. spray bottle in the middle.  Obviously you cannot stack with pump attachment. The tops of the jugs are just below the top edge of the crate, so you should be able to stack crates as shown.

post-10999-0-12859700-1401893788_thumb.jpg

My crate is 11 inches tall.  The standard crates advertised on the web site you posted are 10 3/8 inches tall.  Don't know if anyone makes the taller standard size crate.  The date stamped on mine is 9-80. :o

I was referring to the standard size crate (12" X12").  You are referring to the Supreme crate that you purchased which is (14" X 14") and is also taller. My original post was in reply to your statement below in which you told Matt that only 2 or 3 jugs would fit in a standard milk crate.

The problem I ran into Matt was every Milk Crate that I found was too short and could only fit 2 or 3 jugs which means I couldn't stack them and they didn't serve much purpose. Thats why I had to buy the extra large ones like this.

My intent was to show those who might be interested that they may not need the extra size of the Supreme crate if they did not need to stack with pumps in place thereby saving a little space and some $$$$ since the standard crates are easily found.

Sorry for any confusion.

I don't stack the pumps. The pumps sit on top. Again, the standard size crates we have at work that come with milk in them do not fit the jugs height, so they can not be stacked safely.

Edited by Kingsford