Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glaze before seal thoughts?

hockeybawler

Question

Can anyone tell me why we are supposed to use brilliant glaze after we seal our cars instead of before?  I know other companies out there say to glaze before they seal so I am just wondering why Adams is different.  I would think since Brilliant glaze has filling properties you would want to use it before you sealed the car.  Thanks for the help in advance!

13 answers to this question

In our testing, we found that applying the Brilliant Glaze first did not affect longevity of the Liquid Paint Sealant, Americana Paste Wax, nor the Buttery Wax.

We find the Brilliant Glaze is a great way to add gloss, and works fine before your protection.

Thanks!

Well brilliant glaze has filling properties in it.  In my mind, having the filing properties go directly into any defects is better then having them go into the defect after it has been covered with sealant.  Also then you have sealant protecting your glaze  :thumbsup:

I would think that the best way to apply sealant would be to bare paint, so I'm not sure I would want a glaze underneath personally.  

I always understood that to be the case, but who am I to argue with Adam?  If he says LPS will work just as well on top of BG, that's good enough for me.

There is an amount of solvent in the Glaze as well from what I know of the formulation, so technically putting it on before a coat of sealant may in fact make the Glaze act more as a paint cleaner and would not affect it, obviously don't take my word for it, I know Revive is a true paint cleaner polish but I think the BG might have some of those properties due to the solvent content.

Quick question, can you glaze anytime or would you need to strip the sealant and wax off?  Finally got around to glazing and americana last week and was thinking of just throwing on the glaze every other wash or so.  

Not true^.  As Adam said, it doesn't matter or effect the performance of any products if you glaze first.  So really it doesn't matter if you glaze, seal, then wax or if you seal, glaze, then wax.  Both cases have a argument as to which is better but it is all about preference.