Customer Service 866.965.0400

Little frustrating using Detail Spray as a drying aide, would Rinseless Spray be better

cammyfive

Question

I had a pretty good 2 bucket wash yesterday and after doing a pool rinse with the car completely in the shade I walked around the entire car and gave each panel a shot or two of Detail Spray from my new Kwazar. I then used my GWDT to gently dry the car. It seems that with even sparing use of the Detail Spray that it streaks pretty consistently, especially on the glass. Would using, as I saw someone hint here recently, the diluted mixture of Rinseless Wash in my Kwazar streak less or make a better drying aide after the final rinse?

21 answers to this question

Try it and see. Streaking is part of the drying process, especially visible on dark colors. Are you saying these streaks are not going away after your final buff? I've never been able to dry a car streak free, with or without a drying aide. A final wipedown is always necessary in my experience.

Kinda. After I used the GWDT I had to go back over the car with two plush MFs, one to wipe with just a small sprtiz of Detail Spray and yet another to do a final dry buff. My replacement resin for my water filtration system can't get here soon enough. Drying the car is my personal pet peeve when it comes to detailing. I'd ALMOST rather do the windows in direct sunlight. Almost.....

Edited by cammyfive

Yep, DS never got used on my black car. Drove me nuts that I had to buff it more than when removing wax. WW is my go to product.

Would you recommend this for a dark grey car?  May pickup one of those blue towels to do a final wipedown, lol.  

As far as rinse less vs waterless wash is concerned.  Is it worth it to buy rinse less or is waterless good enough for drying?

I have been using waterless wash (or rinseless diluted) as a drying aid as I tend to use too much detail spray for that reason. I also like the fact that the lubricity of the waterless wash helps prevent scratches if there is some dust/dirt missed with wash.

Then a final wipedown with detail spray and seems to look great on my black car. Dark grey (especially metallic) would look great with this method.

I have been using waterless wash (or rinseless diluted)... I also like the fact that the lubricity of the waterless wash helps prevent scratches if there is some dust/dirt missed with wash.

This became my method too, following release of RW.

Detail Spray is adding gloss.....always.  That's a good, and can be a bad thing, when too much gloss agents are applied.

Waterless Wash, diluted Rinseless, either are effective drying agents.  I must say, however, that if you have super hard water, the Detail Spray will minimize water stains more than the others.

Detail Spray is adding gloss.....always.  That's a good, and can be a bad thing, when too much gloss agents are applied.

Waterless Wash, diluted Rinseless, either are effective drying agents.  I must say, however, that if you have super hard water, the Detail Spray will minimize water stains more than the others.

Good to know.  Thanks, Adam!

On my truck I use one big spray from a Kwazar bottle per panel. Very little streaking but after I finish my truck I generally go over it with a double soft to wipe down any water marks that may have been left by a towel.

I use Detail Spray as the drying agent on my black truck, and yes I do have to go back over a few spots with a plush towel afterwards. But it's totally worth it for the added shine and as mentioned the DS pretty much eliminates water spots.

I've found that a little DS goes a long way. Maybe the Kwazar is putting out too much product since it sprays on pull and release. For that reason, I stick with the normal sprayer for DS and just use the Kwazar for Waterless Wash.

I wash my vehicles, hit it with the master blaster and blow off all the water. I then go back around the car and spray it with the detail spray and that picks up any left over water spots, streaks or drips..............

I used to do it the way you describe as a drying aide, but this process now works better for me.

I"m rather partial to my water filtration system but notice a wash or two ago that the resin was spent so I've had to go back to drying the car myself until the replacement resin arrives. I think the diluted Rinseless Wash mixture is a better solution for me than Detail Spray currently because of the color of my car and my own overzealousness in applying it. :)

I am almost completely out of Adams car shampoo.

Hint for fathers day  :)

Since purchasing Adam's waterless wash over 3 years ago I haven't 2 bucket wash my vette.

It's strictly waterless wash or detail spray.

The Adam's car wash is used on our daily drivers which I spray with detail spray while I dry the vehicles with Adam's great white towels.

Simply said...Adam's is good stuff! 

Edited by livingwater

I had a pretty good 2 bucket wash yesterday and after doing a pool rinse with the car completely in the shade I walked around the entire car and gave each panel a shot or two of Detail Spray from my new Kwazar. I then used my GWDT to gently dry the car. It seems that with even sparing use of the Detail Spray that it streaks pretty consistently, especially on the glass. Would using, as I saw someone hint here recently, the diluted mixture of Rinseless Wash in my Kwazar streak less or make a better drying aide after the final rinse?

Try two towels...

One for the 1st wipe down and the 2nd when it is almost dry to remove the wet streaks.

Also, I wash my daily drivers in the sun with Adam's car shampoo because it is pH balanced!

Edited by livingwater

always have had excellent results with detail spray:

after a waterless wash i use 3 towels ( two single and 1 double) top down, panel by panel 1 shot of DS on the towel two shots on the panel changes sides of towel on each panel.  Change to second towel when needed.  Final wipe down with double soft towel.

after 2 bucket wash i do the same method swap in the drying towel for the single soft towels.

by priming both the towel and the panel you lower the chance of introducing swirls