Customer Service 866.965.0400

new toy care

OFFDIGGIN

Question

23 answers to this question

Bob at the risk of sounding unpopular and like an ***... Don't waste your time or money using professional grade products on this... Its a tractor. That thing is going to get used, beat up, sit in the rain, go through mud. Just rinse it off and wash it. They are made to take a beating.

Keep the cab clean. Glass Cleaner, Glass Sealant and dress the plastic.

Edited by Kingsford

Bob at the risk of sounding unpopular and like an ***... Don't waste your time or money using professional grade products on this... Its a tractor. That thing is going to get used, beat up, sit in the rain, go through mud. Just rinse it off and wash it. They are made to take a beating.

Keep the cab clean. Glass Cleaner, Glass Sealant and dress the plastic.

Says the guy who spends tons of time detailing fire trucks and firehose nozzles!!!  lol

He relies on his equipment to get the job done as do you with your firetrucks.  Does being shiny make it farm better?, no....does your firetruck being shiny put out the fire better?, no....

Does it help to protect your investment and show others you take pride in your craft?, yes it does IMO.

Says the guy who spends tons of time detailing fire trucks and firehose nozzles!!! lol

He relies on his equipment to get the job done as do you with your firetrucks. Does being shiny make it farm better?, no....does your firetruck being shiny put out the fire better?, no....

Does it help to protect your investment and show others you take pride in your craft?, yes it does IMO.

Fire Trucks are a little different. They sit inside and it's more of a pride thing in the Fire Setvice and making the community happy that what they paid for is being taken care of. Tax Payers want their town to look nice. Plus Fire Trucks don't get dirty doing their job, a tractor is made to get dirty.

I clean up antique fire nozzles. Ones that aren't used any more. They tell a past and a story. If they aren't restored they are sent to the scrap yard.

Like comparing a Daily Driver to a Show Car.

I'm not saying not to wax or seal it. Just saying I wouldn't buy the Premium grade waxes and sealants for specifically for it.

Edited by Kingsford

Fire Trucks are a little different. They sit inside and it's more of a pride thing in the Fire Setvice and making the community happy that what they paid for is being taken care of. Tax Payers want their town to look nice. Plus Fire Trucks don't get dirty doing their job, a tractor is made to get dirty.

I clean up antique fire nozzles. Ones that aren't used any more. They tell a past and a story. If they aren't restored they are sent to the scrap yard.

Like comparing a Daily Driver to a Show Car.

I'm not saying not to wax or seal it. Just saying I wouldn't buy the Premium grade waxes and sealants for specifically for it.

backpedal.gif

;)

backpedal.gif

;)

Not really... My original post... Never said not to just said don't use the expensive stuff just for a tractor. I'm with other Jason on this, Nu Finish products would work just fine at half the price. Not like someone would take a Terex to a Hot Rod show.

Don't waste your time or money using professional grade products on this... Its a tractor. 

Edited by Kingsford

That is a very expensive toy, why wouldn't you want to use good products on it to protect it? I know I would.......

All heavy machinery is expensive. You don't see farmers busting out 3 tubs Americana to wax their $1,500,000 Combines. I agree spray sealant would work good but wouldn't go any further than that. My dad used to work for the Highway Dept and they never waxed or sealed their loaders and they kept them for 20-30 years with very little rusting on anything (besides the buckets). 

It's a work horse, it's going to get used, its going to get abused, its going to get scratches, paint chips, rust. They are not made the same as cars, they are made to take a beating and work. 

Edited by Kingsford

All heavy machinery is expensive. You don't see farmers busting out 3 tubs Americana to wax their $1,500,000 Combines. I agree spray sealant would work good but wouldn't go any further than that. My dad used to work for the Highway Dept and they never waxed or sealed their loaders and they kept them for 20-30 years with very little rusting on anything (besides the buckets). 

It's a work horse, it's going to get used, its going to get abused, its going to get scratches, paint chips, rust. They are not made the same as cars, they are made to take a beating and work. 

I operate heavy equipment for a living.....

I operate heavy equipment for a living.....

Do you use Premium Products on them? 

When was the last time you polished them?

Why would you want to use Premium Products on it? I don't understand. I don't understand why we can't have an actual conversation on here any more without trying to sell someone something. Be honest with the guy. What good is Premium Products going to do over something else? It's not going to protect it from being scratched or rock chips.

It would be pointless even putting any kind of wax on it. The heat from sitting in the sun and engine would melt it away within a week or two. Liquid Sealant would cost a ton in products and pads, for something that big and would take forever getting into all the small areas with a DA. That leaves spray sealant, which I recommended if anything were to be used.

Edited by Kingsford

Do you use Premium Products on them? 

When was the last time you polished them?

Why would you want to use Premium Products on it? I don't understand. I don't understand why we can't have an actual conversation on here any more without trying to sell someone something. Be honest with the guy. What good is Premium Products going to do over something else? It's not going to protect it from being scratched or rock chips.

If I owned a $100,000 backhoe I sure would spend 20 bucks on a can of QS!

If I owned a $100,000 backhoe I sure would spend 20 bucks on a can of QS!

Thats what I've been saying!!!

I'm not saying let it sit in the mud and rust! Just don't put a ton of money into it because in the long run it just wont be enough to protect it from getting scratches and chips.

Edited by Kingsford

Thats what I've been saying!!!

I'm not saying let it sit in the mud and rust! Just don't put a ton of money into it because in the long run it just wont be enough to protect it from getting scratches and chips.

I have never known any LSP to protect from scratches and chips, on a show car or a tractor...

I have never known any LSP to protect from scratches and chips, on a show car or a tractor...

I'm sorry did I say it would? I don't recall saying that it ever would.

Dont understand whats with everyone ganging up on me and putting words in my mouth but its getting old.

Edited by Kingsford

I'm sorry did I say it would? I don't recall saying that it ever would.

Dont understand whats with everyone ganging up on me and putting words in my mouth but its getting old.

I gotcha buddy. To the original poster, easy of use would be the quick sealant. It's your equipment, obviously you know how to take care of it.

If you come here looking for advice on what product will work best for your situation, the suggestion will be an Adam's product. That is how they choose to operate this forum and that is how it will be. 

Now does this make sense to me? Yes, they are paying for this forum and they can operate it how they choose.

Is an Adam's product necessary or the easiest or the cheapest option for a big tractor? No absolutely not. If it were me I would be choosing a spray on spray off sealant like Chase suggested. But, seeing as Adam's does not sell one, that will not be a recommended product on this forum. 

Edited by lax