Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I crazy?

Antv20

A little background. On another forum I was selling a K&N air filter that had been given to me. I had a buyer pay through paypal Friday at 3:30 pm. Buyer asked if I received money. I responded with a yes and I would try to get it shipped Monday/Tuesday. Here is what I got in return

"Listen, I'm not trying to be rude, but a "maybe Mon or Tues" is a bit of a stretch. I sent the money yesterday, as soon as I received your message at 3:30, and the post office is open today. It seems fair to me that you would've mentioned a delay in sending *before* I paid. Again, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I sent you the money in good faith, and expect that to be reciprocated. So can you please say for sure when you will mail it out?"

This absolutely struck me wrong. I refunded his money and told him I choose not to sell to you.

What would you guys have done?

Sounds like some of the members here who freak out when it takes a few business days to get their package lol.

Bottom line people want things instantly. He paid you instantly and expects his package instantly. I don't think he was trying to scam you over a filter but who knows...

Personally, I would have shipped it Friday or Saturday at the absolute latest. If I know I can't ship something immediately, I don't put it up for sale.

I usually ship within 2 days. I put it up for sale not knowing if it will even sale. How could I ship Friday when I was at work when I received payment?

I live in a small time and the post office equipment has not been updated to electronic. So I usually ship from the town I work in due to this.

I have sold items on other forums and ebay. I have NEVER had an issue.

Camaro, I think he expected me to be like Amazon. I don't think any scam to it, just he was wanted it instantly. The part that bothered me is he acted like I was trying to scam him.

Edited by Antv20

I can see both sides.  As a buyer I want my item ASAP, and to me, that means exactly that. BUT unless you specifically stated that you were shipping the same day, he really shouldn't have expected it so quick. If that guy was in so big of a hurry he could have gone to Wal Mart or Advance or Auto Zone.

I could point to both sides:   You could have said item will ship within 24 - 48 hours of purchase (not including weekends or holiday).  He could have asked how soon will you ship this item to me if I purchase it.  Just sounds like not enough community from both parties in this.

I usually ship within 2 days. I put it up for sale not knowing if it will even sale. How could I ship Friday when I was at work when I received payment?

I live in a small time and the post office equipment has not been updated to electronic. So I usually ship from the town I work in due to this.

I have sold items on other forums and ebay. I have NEVER had an issue.

Camaro, I think he expected me to be like Amazon. I don't think any scam to it, just he was wanted it instantly. The part that bothered me is he acted like I was trying to scam him.

Should have let him know, this purchase does not qualify for Prime.. Totally your fault as you never even offered the 2 day shipping option for an additional $79....;)

Should have let him know, this purchase does not qualify for Prime.. Totally your fault as you never even offered the 2 day shipping option for an additional $79.... ;)

That is hillarious.  Of course I didn't mention the bible lesson the buyer gave me either.  I found humor in considering I saw the message after I got home from church.  :lol: