Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adamized the Raptor

TheWolf

Are you in Spokane, WA? What desert is that? I can't wait to move to TX!

Sand dunes at Moses Lake in central WA, ~1.5 hours west of Spokane.

It was fun but really windy.

Edited by TheWolf

LEATHER CONDITIONING

The Leather Conditioner dried to a nice, matte finish.  There is no feeling of residue on the surface.  Now the leather is protected from sun, heat, dirt and spills.

The product also works great on all the textured plastic.

attachicon.gif20150123_091338.jpg

Get some, try it, I think you will like it.

I LOVE Leather Conditioner on plastic like that.

I find if Interior Detailer does not do the trick, usually Leather Conditioner will.

Weather did not cooperate yesterday for round two of the grounding/dust attraction testing.  It was too windy and the truck ended up dusty despite being grounded.

I did take some pics though.

Grounded to the nail in the parking lot.

20150330_074616.jpg

Using the plug ground in the garage by connecting the two magnets.

20150330_185213.jpg

Other end of the ground plug in the wall outlet.

20150330_185237.jpg

Also, tried to talk the boss into washing his car, but he said he only takes it to the cheapest tunnel wash, so only the top layer of dirt gets scrubbed off. :loser:

• 2 weeks later...

Master Blaster Revolution

Holy windstorm Batman!  This thing blows the Sidekick out of the water, or should I say it blows more water than the Sidekick.

While the Sidekick was a good tool for getting most of the water off and out of the cracks and trim, I would have to go back over everything a few times and would still end up with some drips.

With the MB Revo, it moves A LOT more air, so it dries faster and gets the cracks and trim blown out with one pass.  The 30-foot long hose is plenty for leaving the unit in one place, which pretty much negates the need for the front swivel wheels.  I found that the sneaky drips that would show up when opening and closing the doors (to dry the jambs) were greatly reduced.

I placed the MB on my cart and routed/sanded some of the sides down to make  saddles for the MB to keep it from moving around.

20150412_134628.jpg

I added a few hooks to the back of the cart for the cords and for the long hose.

20150412_134635.jpg

Having the MB on top prevents storing the pressure washer wand there, so I added some hooks to the side.

20150412_134656.jpg

Since the foam cannon is unsteady and kept falling off, I glued a 4-inch hose coupler to the cart to use as a holder.

20150412_134707.jpg

Can you go into detail about that cart? I'd love to hear more about it. Seems like the perfect setup! ...better yet how about you just build me one! Lol

The cart is DIY.  I would be happy to make you one but can't post how much money I have into it (if the lady-boss found out, she would sell it and use the money to fly to Hawaii). :lol:

Cart is a Rubbermaid Commercial with Steelex locking casters, pressure washer is AR Blue Clean Professional, hose reel is General Pump, DI filter is CR Spotless, Husky extension cord reel, various fittings and misc hooks, all stainless steel hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow just read this thread, you Dan are one meticulous guy and how I imagine I would be if I had endless money! Thanks for all the wonderful write ups and inspiration. Keep up the great work. I've been wanting to make some labels for my many kwazar bottles how did you make them?

Wow just read this thread, you Dan are one meticulous guy and how I imagine I would be if I had endless money! Thanks for all the wonderful write ups and inspiration. Keep up the great work. I've been wanting to make some labels for my many kwazar bottles how did you make them?

Thanks Matt!  I made the labels using a Brother P-touch label maker with 18mm black-on-clear tape.

Staples occasionally has this labeler on sale for $25.

http://www.staples.com/Brother-PT-D400-Label-Maker/product_1170367

The tape cartridges are cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Laminated-Black-White-TZe241/dp/B004I2EE3K/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430674542&sr=1-4

H2O Guard & Gloss

I finally found the time to try out the new HGG.  I did a full wash and rinsed with DI water, then used the Master Blaster to knock some of the water off the hood and the roof and then out of the trim, handles, vents, grill and wheels.

The product was thicker than I expected it to be, it tended to be a little gloopy when sprayed.  It spread easily with the wet Double Soft towel and seemed to almost disappear, leaving very little residue to wipe off with the dry Double Soft towel.  I started high and then worked down to the lower areas, just in case there was any dirt hiding out.

It took some time, about 45 minutes to do the whole truck, so some of the door and bed panels where dry by the time I got to them.  I tried doing the "dry application method" by spraying the HGG directly onto the wet towel, but it was really hard to tell what I got and what might have been missed.  I then tried misting the dry panels with distilled water, and then applying the HGG in the standard way.  I liked this method better, as I was able to see that it was getting evenly applied.

As others have mention, overspray is hard to avoid.  After applying to the whole truck, I went back and hit all the areas that had splatters with the wet towel then immediately with the dry towel.

Overall, it turned out nice and shiny.  I am anxious to see how it looks after a few weeks.

IMG_5034.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

The HGG is a little weird in that it separates in the bottle.  I gave it a good shake to remix, then kept shaking it while applying it.

20150502_135847.jpg

After watching the videos on the HGG, it looked like two hands were not enough (1 sprayer and 2 towels).  I am not very good about keeping a towel on my shoulder without dropping it (or grabbing the nearest kid and trying to burp them), so I used a bottle holder as a holster for the sprayer.

20150502_135921.jpg

This bottle holder has a big flap on the back with Velcro.

20150502_140003.jpg

It can be hooked around a belt, but I just ended up tucking it inside the waistband on my shorts.  The flap could also be tucked into a pocket.

20150502_170456.jpg

I used an Adam's Empty Labeled Bottle for the distilled water.

20150502_185330.jpg

Dan that metallic looks sharp with the HGG.  Its such a phenomenal product to keep a continuous layer of protection.

Yes it does separate in the bottle but shakes up just fine, I think its just the nature of the chemical makeup.  Almost similar to the Metal Polishes.